Chex Quest 2 demos

Started by Danfun64, November 23, 2014, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danfun64

I'm curious. In old chex quest 2 demo recordings, did the Flemoidus Maximus move, or was it stuck like the Flembrane?

Boingo the Clown

The Maximus was the Flembrane with different sprites, so it would have been stuck in one place.

In T.U.C.Q. the Maximus can move.

MajorSlime

I'm pretty sure the Maximus is/was able to move. Its a replacement for Doom's Barons (also pretty sure it wasn't just a reskin of the Flembrane). At least, in chex3.wad it can. Never had the very original, so can't speak for certainty about it, but it wouldn't really make sense for it not to move.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

xbolt

No. In the original version, the Maximus is firmly rooted in place.

MajorSlime

I stand corrected. Weird though.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

darkstone

It severely bothered me, the first time I played Terror in Chex City on the original engine as a PWAD. I had played TUCQ first, and was 'used' to the Maximus moving. Sheesh, didn't know there existed demo playthroughs of CQ2 (I'm used to 'Cannot play non-ZDoom demos (they would go out of sync badly)).

Boingo the Clown

I originally played Chex Quest through DooM Legacy instead of running it in DOSbox. That is where a number of the irregularities in T.U.C.Q. started, including the Maximus moving.  Later on I simply decided I preferred letting him move.

darkstone

Hey, gotta say I do too. He's moving his arms, it just looks like he should move. So that works great, and I have to say I played TUCQ alone and didn't even know there was anything else out there for, like, a year or more. So I pretty much accepted what was in there. ;)