Anything happen recently with Chex Quest or the fandom? (Also about the music.)

Started by pikmintaro, February 03, 2015, 02:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikmintaro

So every so often I get in the mood for some Chex Quest and play it quite a bit, and I'm in that mood again so I've been playing because I love the game so much.

Anyways it looks like the last time I posted here was back in 2010 so has anything big happened since then? is the latest Chex Quest 3 version still 1.4?

Also I wanted to ask about the names of the music in the Chex Quest soundtrack, I'm not sure if there are other links to it and I forgot where I found it, but I have a folder in my Music, but some of the tracks don't seem to be in any of the games (I think it said they might be from fan games or something?), I want to make a playlist with Chex Quest music for when I'm playing MMORPGs, I want to have the levels in the correct order by game and I think I've got it right so far, here are the names of the songs.

CQ1
LANDING
STORAGE
LAB
GARDENS
CAVERN

CQ2
PORT
CINEMA
MUSEUM
STREETS
SEWER

CQ3 (These are the song names I have in the folder and the ones that I'm not sure if they are the correct name or not.)
Chex_Quest 3 (PC); D_E3M1
confidence
Chex_Quest 3 (PC); D_E3M3
chancer
cq_final

And then there are some random songs that don't seem to be in any of the games with names like NAVAL, COMMAND, and OUTPOST does anybody know what those are from? I think it's a bit strange they were on the soundtrack and yet they don't seem to be in the games.

Thanks for any help!

noob1234

Quote from: pikmintaro on February 03, 2015, 02:05:54 AM
And then there are some random songs that don't seem to be in any of the games with names like NAVAL, COMMAND, and OUTPOST does anybody know what those are from? I think it's a bit strange they were on the soundtrack and yet they don't seem to be in the games.
Hi! Welcome back!
And you seem to have the songs in the right order. The other songs are from the "stolen" (unofficial) Chex Quest 3.
And maybe you got it from the Chex Quest Gallery? (That's where I got mine, and those songs are in it for me too.

Also, nothing official has happened... I guess Scott Holman visited the forums, and chukker made some 3D models...
There have been a few mod releases here and there too.

pikmintaro

Quote from: noob1234 on February 03, 2015, 03:26:33 AM
Quote from: pikmintaro on February 03, 2015, 02:05:54 AM
Hi! Welcome back!
And you seem to have the songs in the right order. The other songs are from the "stolen" (unofficial) Chex Quest 3.
And maybe you got it from the Chex Quest Gallery? (That's where I got mine, and those songs are in it for me too.

Also, nothing official has happened... I guess Scott Holman visited the forums, and chukker made some 3D models...
There have been a few mod releases here and there too.

Woah quick reply! thanks, anyways I did a little more searching and like you said found the same soundtrack on the Chex Quest Gallery, I also can see why it's called "Stolen" CQ3 since most of it seems to be from HACX, but was the music from HACX or did whoever put it together make the music himself?

Aaaand looks like Imageshack isn't working anymore gotta remove my sig  :P

EDIT: Also I wanted to make sure that ver 1.4 is the latest CQ3 right? I mean there's not really much to update on it (Unless there were bugs I didn't know about.) and I just want to make sure I had the latest version.

MajorSlime

1.4 probably is.

For a while there, there was some multiplayer stuff going on, but it seems to have died down. That's too bad, I was having fun making the Capture Point Maps.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

xbolt

The music wasn't from HACX, but it was sourced from random MIDIs from the internet.

Awesomedude249

I remember hearing about some sort of artist who made the song "OUTPOST"...But I forget his name. Pikmintaro? I was looking at old topics and found your name some places.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

pikmintaro

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on February 03, 2015, 05:01:56 PM
I remember hearing about some sort of artist who made the song "OUTPOST"...But I forget his name. Pikmintaro? I was looking at old topics and found your name some places.

Yeah I played Chex Quest a lot when I first got in the cereal along with Chex Quest 2, then I played it on and off for awhile, and then around 2010 I decided to look it up again and found that there was the official Chex Quest 3, and that's when I made an account here, but I've used the name Pikmintaro on websites since like 2003 or 2005.

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

pikmintaro

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on February 03, 2015, 11:41:35 PM
These forums have EXISTED since 2003.

Yeah and I wish I found them back then, I could have had a lot more fun talking with fellow fans.

EDIT: I wanted to ask one more thing (SORRY!) but how do you get the chexterhouse wad thing to work? I've tried it on ZDoom and Chex Quest 3, but it doesn't seem to work on any of them, I just wanted to ask you since it seems like you are the one who uploaded it.

Awesomedude249

Oh, that thing. You have to press the key right below ESC, that will open the console. Then type in "MAP MAP01" in the console and press enter. If you think that sucks, it was one of my first maps, I make better ones now.

pikmintaro

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on February 04, 2015, 06:01:41 PM
Oh, that thing. You have to press the key right below ESC, that will open the console. Then type in "MAP MAP01" in the console and press enter. If you think that sucks, it was one of my first maps, I make better ones now.

Ok thanks, are your other maps in the downloads too? I just noticed that one in the main Chex Quest downloads and wanted to see what his house looked like.

Awesomedude249

A New Quest is the only other one, and it isn't very good. Each level is super short, and there are barely any flemoids. I make MUCH better maps now, I've improved alot over the last year.

pikmintaro

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on February 04, 2015, 11:14:13 PM
A New Quest is the only other one, and it isn't very good. Each level is super short, and there are barely any flemoids. I make MUCH better maps now, I've improved alot over the last year.

Where are your others at? I want to check out some Chex Quest maps because I've played tons of Doom ones already.

noob1234

Have you played the latest beta of The Lost Quest? Those are really really good maps.
EDIT: That came out in 2010, so you saw it already o.o
But since then:
Community Quest
Umm, that's about it. :/

Awesomedude249

Pikmintaro, you should play one of The Slimeinator's mods. They're challenging, but they're awesome! Also, if you want ME to release anything new, there is a little project I'm working on, it's basically the first map of ANQ. My early alpha release was very short, I'm gonna release two new levels in maybe...A week? Possibly.