Author Topic: I need help with MUS format.  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
I need help with MUS format.
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:11:40 PM »
So I want to make mus format in anvil but I don't know how to use it. I also don't know how to use the midi2mus program.

Offline MajorSlime

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
Re: I need help with MUS format.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:54:46 PM »
Don't use MUS. Just use Midi.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:36 AM »
Literally the only time you need to care about the difference between midi and mus is for vanilla doom modding (for DOS or Chocolate Doom). Every other port supports midi format.

If you really want to make a VANILLA DOOM compatible mod (note: there are a ton of rather cryptic limitations you will have to deal with that you don't have in (g)zdoom/zandronum), here's how you'd use midi2mus:

midi2mus is a command line application, you have to put the midi in the same folder as midi2mus, right click on the folder where midi2mus is, click "open command window here", in the command prompt that pops up, type midi2mus and you'll get directions on how to use it.

I don't remember the exact syntax but it's probably something like midi2mus mymidifile.mid mymusfile.mus
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:47:08 AM »
Thank you for making me know. I also want to make doom style music in anvil but how do I do it?

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »
I'd recommend aria maestosa for midi music instead (it's free), Anvil studio is very buggy.

As for making Doom style music, well, it's hard to make good music, for me anyway.

It helps me to think in terms of phrases as if the song had lyrics, but everybody kind of has their own way of making music I guess.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting