Author Topic: Release #2!  (Read 3468 times)

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
Release #2!
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:04:43 PM »
I have put out this release in two formats, since the download size is getting larger. One mode is zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ny0yxcaljdn

The other is 7zip, for those who have the capability and who want a faster download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmlvybxebz

This new release contains several new maps, including one by arch129.

Enjoy!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Release #2!
« on: June 05, 2008, 10:04:43 PM »

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: Release #2!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »
Yay! New maps! Tis what I wanted. Will post review after done walking through.

UPDATE:----
Um...I see two maps...things!
1st level: This is slimenator. Lotza flemoids. Also, there is a HOM in the big room with the Cycloptus' and Chukker's flemoids...one of the lifts goes too far down I think...

2nd level: The emergency lights go to high and too low. I understand the low, but maybe stop around 56 level? and it makes no sense for the lights to be as bright as regular lights. maybe 128 level.

GULP! Found the boss!
Well, after working a bit, its not that hard...just requires a different setup that what I had (never relied on strafing before...) but one complaint: I was finding it hard to dodge the attacks from up close, opting for the far away attack. Only problem was that the gun is almost ineffective from that range. hmm...almost ran out of ammo!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:08:17 AM by atariangamer »
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:41:12 AM »
1st level: The HOM is kind of supposed to be there, to add effects like in some levels in Ultimate DooM. Also, there aren't too many Flemoids on easy and medium. It gets easier if you find the secret.

2nd level: True. I will immediately switch the highness value to 128.

First boss level: I intentionally put in such a type of ammo. I knew it would be ineffective. The same goes for the second boss level.

Did you go to MAP16? arch129 made that one.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:45:20 AM by The Slimeinator »

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:51:41 AM »
I didn't get that far...kinda gave up after all the levels were the originals...Unless there were more?

UPDATE:
Wow...Lemme say, that was some pretty good mapping there...BUT you said this was GZDooM specific, rite? Well, I saw tons of places where you coulda used some cool stuff (in all levels, but this level had some really easy ones). The doors on the stalls in the bathroom...POLYOBJECTS! makes swinging doors, like the Build engine. Try some! Its awesome. Also, its confusing. Had to find a switch, hit it, then run over the whole area to find it, then get beat up, lose ammo, find none, go bare-spooned into some dangerous junk, find another switch, hit it, repeat...fun level once you know where you go, though...

Also, the 'cafe'...over its top, there is the sky blocking the background bug. the city wall dissapears when you look at it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:13:28 AM by atariangamer »

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
Hm. I didn't think you'd notice the sky-blocking bug.

Finally, I made MAP29 as well, and then MAP30 has had some serious upgrades.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 02:45:16 PM »
...76 times...all failures...only 20 seconds into the level 29. First it was funny, then it was confusing, then it was angering...now I'm P.O.'d. The second stairway is impossible to climb. There is only one way to get up the first step, but its off center with the rest of the stairs, causing you to hit the top one wrong and kicking you off to your doom. And when I tried jumping up the steps, the slime came way too quick for me to even get past the top step. I never saw the end of the level...or even the key at the top. Plus, the little elevator in the begining didn't always trigger, which made the elevator useless.

(sorry, but this is the only time I haven't been able to get past THE FIRST FETHIN PART. I can even get some where on NIGHTMARE settings in some DooM games, but this is just something...I wasted 2 hours to no avail, then none of my friends or family could get it. and yes, i'm using a mouse)

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 07:04:24 PM »
I didn't get that far...kinda gave up after all the levels were the originals...Unless there were more?

UPDATE:
Wow...Lemme say, that was some pretty good mapping there...BUT you said this was GZDooM specific, rite? Well, I saw tons of places where you coulda used some cool stuff (in all levels, but this level had some really easy ones). The doors on the stalls in the bathroom...POLYOBJECTS! makes swinging doors, like the Build engine. Try some! Its awesome. Also, its confusing. Had to find a switch, hit it, then run over the whole area to find it, then get beat up, lose ammo, find none, go bare-spooned into some dangerous junk, find another switch, hit it, repeat...fun level once you know where you go, though...

Also, the 'cafe'...over its top, there is the sky blocking the background bug. the city wall dissapears when you look at it.

Im quite new too GZDoom, someday I might make a redone version of the level if I can learn some GZDoom features, but I can't now do to school final exams and suchs.
I know of the sky glich I used it to make buildings shorter scence the cafe is the shortest its the most noteable.
Anyway glad you enjoyed the level ;D

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »
Its kinda weird. This wad has been the most frustrating. Your levels are confusing (till you figure stuff out), and Slime's are hard (unless you've done this from birth). I can handle problem solving (your's) and some hard levels (Saphire Orbital Research for GZDooM on 3rd difficulty...and wwhc-diaz.wad)...but this is kinda a unfair combo.

Also, lemme apologize for anything harsh I said. But, really, I was starting to get ticked off after the 35th try. :D

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 10:03:03 AM »
Well, with the first lift, you have to walk onto it in a certain way.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
I know, I got it usually, but when I went in sometimes, it wouldn't trigger (or anytime after that, for that matter)

And I tried the boss level...was fine till I got to the archviles (or what ever their flem name is). by that time, my health was so low, and for some reason, I couldn't out run em like usual. Probably because I walked over the hole...I couldn't get out till I had bumped the ceiling!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting