The Magic Wall?

Started by Kanga59725, June 06, 2008, 05:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

also, this wasnt necromancy...or even a bump...he got in just before the month was up, so its legal.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on July 11, 2008, 04:45:49 PM
also, this wasnt necromancy...or even a bump...he got in just before the month was up, so its legal.
Actually, Fan Projects is exempt from the bumping rule altogether.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

oh. Well, to continue this...

Was this an engine bug? mapping error? freak accident? ????

Boingo the Clown

Oops.  Sorry.  I am hopelessly lost and I am too lazy to read through the entire thread to catch up.

What is the problem now?

Batmanifestdestiny

Where talking about what happened in the original making of CQ that made the magic wall.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

I was wondering what caused the wall in the lab to be shoot thru and see thru. Was it mapping? was it an error? ?

Batmanifestdestiny

Probably both.  They could have made an error while mapping and forgot to check the two little boxes.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Replica

They simply made 4 walls there, made it impassable, and through a texture on it. (Basicly they made a room that you can shoot through but not walk through.) Its not a mapping error, just didn't delete the sector (Aka room) that you shoot through.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Boingo the Clown

The wall is not magic, and it is not an error.  It is simply a two sided linedef with a texture applied to it.  I believe it was intended to work as a trap, allowing the player to take hits from unseen enemies.

Atariangamer

So this was made from the beginning like so? A trap?

"ITS A TRAP!" lol

But its cool...and on an off topic note...I wonder if iD will ever release their DooM level editor? lol

Boingo the Clown

If they do, then users will probably be disappointed. Users have been making their own editors for over 14 years now, and lots of bells and whistles have been added.  I imagine the original editor id used was a very simple utilitarian program quickly programmed and designed to get the job done and nothing more.

Atariangamer

If you head over to rome.ro  (I don't suggest...its not as much as I'd like it to be), it has TONS of people asking for it...also, he says he wont.

Plus, I'm a better vanilla doom mapper. I don't want to mess with that other junk.

CHEX_MAN

E1M3 has two mistakes.  One is a flemoid out of the map, the other is the duplicate computer map.  Whenever I play this level, I make sure it's the copy that I fixed in this map.

noob1234

the duplicate computer map was on purpose i think; one is a secret.