Chex4Win update + new map!

Started by DestroyedEDGE, July 01, 2015, 06:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyedEDGE

Ok, so my Chex4Win port has reached beta 8, hopefully the last beta. I am working on a new map and it will be released in version 1. I am so excited!  :D But, I am still waiting for someone to fix the resolution bug.

DestroyedEDGE

Ok, so it is going bad with the map. I can't seem to get it right. So, I just need the resolution bug fixed.

Drwalrustein

Woah Woah. Stop right there first you need to go to modding then click on the first topic then submit it then message a admin to get a sub forum. If you have a resolution bug go to the tech support. Also the versions start with alpha there is not way that it is in a final beta which would me it is a finished product.

Awesomedude249

He doesn't need a subforum. This is a useless project. WindowsVistaLover, are you trying to run the original chex.exe on modern windows? It doesn't work there.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

MajorSlime

He knows it doesn't work there. That's the point of a source port. I would recommend staying out of conversations if you don't know exactly whats happening Awesomedude. There is really no need to post on every single topic. Personal recommendation only.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

DestroyedEDGE

It's not a problem with my machine, it's because the chex.wad file has not yet been edited to work correctly.

MajorSlime

Chex.wad is nothing but a compressed package containing the resources for the game. The actual source port is in the form of an .exe file (for Windows). The source port determines resolution and most gameplay specific features and options. You'll want to switch to using a modern source port, such as GZDoom. See my PM for details.

Quote from: WindowsVistaLover5570 on July 04, 2015, 03:55:55 AM
It's not a problem with my machine, it's because the chex.wad file has not yet been edited to work correctly.

Can you post screenshots of this problem? You can use imgur to upload images http://imgur.com/ in case you don't know.

Please provide a screenshot of what you're talking about in zdoom or gzdoom, you can use the "print screen" key to take screenshots, or if you have a laptop doesn't have that key, you can rebind it in options -> customize controls
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Awesomedude249

Also, (I know that this is a stupid question) but if chex.wad hasn't been edited to fit, can't you just edit the original to fit?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

MajorSlime

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on July 04, 2015, 12:25:10 PM
Also, (I know that this is a stupid question) but if chex.wad hasn't been edited to fit, can't you just edit the original to fit?

This sentence makes no sense. 1, for Chex there is no more original than chex.wad. 2, let me repeat myself: the .wad file has nothing to do with the resolution. Please don't make me repeat myself a fourth time.

DestroyedEDGE

WTF x10? For Chex Quest the only original IWAD is Chex.wad, and the wad has nothing to do with the resolution.

Awesomedude249

Quote from: WindowsVistaLover5570 on September 01, 2015, 12:17:05 AM
WTF x10? For Chex Quest the only original IWAD is Chex.wad, and the wad has nothing to do with the resolution.

Huh, funny how you're saying that since you didn't realize the first few times everybody else said it.