The shot in the arm that the community needs? Important, please READ

Started by celebi23, June 06, 2008, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celebi23

So, I sent WatersMolitor an email seeing if they had a back up of the old chexquest website & got an response from the guy who was the ceo at the time CQ was made.    ;D

I was WatersMolitor's CEO at the time we created it for Chex Cereals. Chex Cereals was our client at the time so we pretty much created the ChexQuest game, enrolled AOL to pay for the disc replication cost in exchange for our carrying their selling materials on the ChexQuest CD, and negotiated with ID software to license their game engine as the ChexQuest platform. I wrote the story line and developed the ChexQuest name. We had an impossible timeline for development and were very fortunate to have selected Ditgital Cafe to develop the 'enviornments' and 'character' art along with flawless programing. We knew from the start we'd needed to connect with the the young players with a puck and snot mentality. So Digital Cafe were the ones who came up with the Flemoid name and characters. Pure genius!

All the characters evolved during development. Chexter was much more mennising in the beginning! I have a five foot laminated image of him on my office wall even today! Too bad he couldn't make the game looking like that.

At any rate we still have most of the development artifacts including early characters I don't believe we may have used.

At any rate, Dori Molitor who is the CEO of WomanWise, a WatersMolitor company my write an article about how ChexQuest has lived on over the years. But to do that we will need to some perspective on what kind of impact ChexQuest is having today with gamers. Can you help us with this?

We'll need some feel on who big the ChexQuest community is, their level of passion/obsession for the game and examples that show they are contributing to carrying the game forward, etc..

Please give me feedback ASAP as the article deadline will be next week.

In the meantime, we'd be happy to provide you more of the history, etc. of how ChexQuest came to live!

Todd Waters

So, ChexQuest Fan Forum Members, it's our time to shine :D

Replica

:D Wow! I didn't see this coming. This is awsome! I cannot wait to hear more!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

:O !!!!
Wow I can't wait to hear more too, I hope he shows us some pictures of the orignal stuff they had.  ;D
Did he say he would come to these fourms sometime?

Loremaster

Sweet! They did come together to make one amazing game, let me tell you! I still remember the first time I ever put that little disk into my drive way back in the day. Digging through my manuals to find out what hardware my computer had so I could set up the sound correctly and everything. I loved that game, and still love it over a decade later. Heh, let 'em know that if General Mills approaches them with the possibility of another they'll have a willing audience.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

celebi23

I'm gonna send him this topic link & point him towards http://chexquest.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page as a starting point for gathering info.  I'll keep you guys updated  ;)

xbolt

QuoteWe'll need some feel on who big the ChexQuest community is, their level of passion/obsession for the game and examples that show they are contributing to carrying the game forward, etc..

I have a feeling he'll be rather surprised... ;D

On the Super Scale of Awesome, this is very high! I want to see pictures of the five foot poster...

Replica

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Wow...THNX CELEBI! That wasn't so bad! Wow...tell him we got a community of psyched out peoples loving their game!
Heh, there was no person better to answer that email.

Send him Newmaps and TUCQ. Also, send them some links. Wow...this is awesome to the 1000th power.
Also, you can send him Chukker's new flemoid. And actually...this could be the time to bring CQ to the REAL next level...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Wowiee! Thanks a lot! I wouldn't have thought to email Waters Molitor. If he wants a good idea on how big the Chex Quest fan community is, link him to TUCQ (as atariangamer mentioned), as well as the Fan Projects section of this board. Also link him to Chex Quest Gallery, my website, with a particular mention of the Links section, as that is a complete list of all currently known Chex Quest fansites.

It's too bad he couldn't come up with the old website, though. I went on an attempt to somehow come up with a way to get the old website back, as shown here, but that just bottomed out. What you've come up with is at least some form of progress, even if it isn't the jackpot we all want.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

celebi23

Ok, all url suggestions have been sent.  I also asked if he knew of any backup of the chexquest.com site existing.  He asked to have responses sent to his email address but, just making sure it's ok to post that address here.   Will keep you guys updated

Pikazec2012

Hmm perhaps we should create a Mega game by all the modders to maybe impress him. we could all team together to writhe episodes 3and4 of TUCQ. each person could contripute a level or two from their mod and we could make them all flow together into a story. What do yall think???
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Replica

errr, Why not just make a Doom II TC Community project with all the modders working together?

Richie

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Replica on June 06, 2008, 11:29:38 PM
errr, Why not just make a Doom II TC Community project with all the modders working together?

Like mine?
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

What did you call your reluctance? A "tin hat" or something? lol

But I do think that all capable map makers should make at least one decent level (slimenator, xbolt, arch, boingo, and maybe replica got that) plus most anyone can make a small but okay map...try that. And be sure to put in the names of people who made it...and stuff. All for Legacy and TUCQ.

to quote the oreo cakesters commercial: This is big.

EDIT: slime came in. Eh, no. I like your style and your thinking, but the dificulty is just too much. For me, Newmaps is perfect in dificulty, getting all the right things. I can get a challenge on each level, and get beat in the higher ones. Like I should. But I say Like I said above, everyone make a small 1-2 map wad for TUCQ and send 'em in.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.