Author Topic: Need a Chex4Win fan project page  (Read 1375 times)

Offline DestroyedEDGE

• Someone that nobody really knows but has been here for 5 years.
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 0
  • What is give/take if all you do is take?
Need a Chex4Win fan project page
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »
I have been working on a project called Chex4Win, and I was asking if an admin could add a Chex4Win sub-forum on the fan projects page?

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 33
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: Need a Chex4Win fan project page
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
The admins are not going to help (probably) because this project is a WASTE OF TIME. The original Chex Quest runs fine on any source port. And if you want a project to get respect, don't spam it all around the CQFF.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »
Why don't you take a break from posting Awesomedude, I mean seriously, that was just rude. He's new here
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 33
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:09:53 PM »
Now that I look back at that post, you're right. I posted that quickly and didn't really think about how to phrase it. I was at the library and it was closing so I replied quick.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline Loremaster

• Administrator
  • Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
  • No, Jum. You are the dolls.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 08:57:46 PM »
Ugh. Quite a bit to take care of here...

Admin mode:

Welcome to the forum! I'm Loremaster, one of the Admins here. I've got a few things to say about this thread and topic, so let's go point by point.

Regarding your request for a project subforum, I am going to have to deny that for now for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you are a new member and this is a new project. Many new members are very enthusiastic, and start projects that are quickly abandoned. Considering the nature of this one, I'm going to want to see some significant progress before giving a subforum to it.

Secondly, I do not understand the purpose of it. Chex Quest runs on the DooM engine (or iD Tech 1, as it is also known), which has many different Windows-native source ports. Chex Quest support is included in several of the more popular releases, which allows one to easily play the original Chex Quest in a Windows-friendly format at high resolutions. Of course, there is no reason why you shouldn't create your own source port if you so desire, but the community around here is mostly centered around GZdoom these days. If you stick with this project, and make significant progress on it, I will reconsider giving you a subforum dedicated to it. In the meanwhile, you may maintain a thread in the Chex Quest section regarding its progress. For that topic, I will allow what we call "Necromancy", wherein you make a post to an old topic, bringing it back from previous pages. Of course, said posts must contain significant information. If you have questions about this, feel free to PM me.

Next, this is actually something you should have used a Private Message for. Either that, or perhaps a topic in the Board Issues section, since not all of us Admins are regularly online. General Chat is more for off-topic discussions, like other video games or whatnot. Just a friendly FYI.

Now, Awesomedude. 75 is correct, that was extremely rude. New members sometimes take a little time to get used to forum etiquette, and we give a little leeway in that regard. Additionally, it is NOT your job to police the forum. If a post or poster is causing problems, either click "Report to Moderator", or send a staff member a PM about it. I've talked to you about this before numerous times. Consider this the end of your leeway on this subject. Next time this happens, I'll be VERY displeased, and nobody likes it when that happens.

If anybody has any further questions, feel free to PM me. I can't promise an immediate reply, but I will see it.

That should just about cover everything. Since this topic has exhausted its purpose, it shall be closed.

Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting