Author Topic: 0.3.1 alpha release!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
0.3.1 alpha release!
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »
Today I finished map02 for my wad the download is here. If you encounter some bugs report them to the update section.
download: https://www.mediafire.com/?5sgg87j1tvdp80r
Fixes: I finally changed the strife rebels to actual chex warriors so no confusion. I changed the royalty free midi music because I didn't remember were I got it from and changed it to better music. download: https://www.mediafire.com/?5sgg87j1tvdp80r
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:23:20 PM by Drwalrustein »

Chex Quest Fan Forums

0.3.1 alpha release!
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 29
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: 0.3.0 alpha release!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 03:03:36 AM »
Nice job! Only I have some things to say:

1: In the beginning there are 2 locks. Pressing one of them will take you to a sort of security camera view. Is this supposed to be an aspect from FNAF? It seems like it is.

2: The mod making community is very inactive, so it's good you're making something. Nice job, overall.

And I see you fixed the map problem.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
1. No this is not an aspect from fnaf it is from zdoom I discovered it on the zdoom wiki.

2. Thank you when I finish maybe 2 or 3 map projects I might be making maps in /idgames in doomworld.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:18:11 AM by Drwalrustein »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 02:42:24 PM »
I haven't got time for a full playthrough right now but a few notes:

1. No this is not an aspect from fnaf it is from zdoom I discovered it on the zdoom wiki.

2. Thank you when I finish maybe 2 or 3 map projects I might be making maps in /idgames in doomworld.

Some things you need to know --

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/31922-newstuff-and-idgames-faq-read-this/

Did you make these MP3 tracks?

It's also against idgames/ rules to use sprites from Hexen & Strife

What will be rejected?

Uploads with long filenames (more than 8 characters).
    Warez copies of anything.
    Junk in ZIP files.
    Uploads with no text file included.
    Anything not related to any Doom engine games (like a modification for Quake 3).
    Any SLIGE/OBLIGE levels.
    WADs with resources used without permission (though these might slip through; if someone complains, the file may be removed).
    MP3s/OGGs in WADs, unless it can be verified that the creation is original, and ideally is intended for the specific WAD file.
    Copyrighted sound clips of Disney, Beavis and Butthead, etc.
    Unmodified parts of any IWAD.
    "Demo" WADs that are not playable in their own right (other than editing examples).
    Modified id Software levels.
    Trademarked or copyrighted symbols.
    Files over 50MB in size without prior approval.
    Any other questionable things.

Aside from that you need to CREDIT the things you're using, somewhere -- you should start doing this now, at least put a CREDITS lump in your wad.

It looks really strange to see Strife and hexen enemies in Chex, and technically you're messing up the Chex storyline, according to the intro cinematics Flemoids can't be hurt by conventional weapons, more importantly they really clash with the Chex environments in tone, you really should use a chex warrior if you want a scripted marine, that way they can get slimed, they shoot zorch, and it all makes sense. It's really bizarre to see strife guys get killed by slime.

I don't recommend you upload this to the idgames/ archive, the archive is for completed works and it's /permanent/, I would recommend posting this on the doomworld forums, maybe, to get more feedback (there's not a ton of chex players but there are some on there) once this gets farther along in development and you have your CREDITS lump containing information about every midi, MP3 (you should really replace these with trackers or midi btw), sprite,
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:44:33 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Drwalrustein

• Walrsuses
  • Local Moderator
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:01:09 PM »
I wasn't going to upload this to /idgames but I will make doom wads for /idgames. Also the mp3s and midi files are royalty free. Yeah I also for some reason I wanted to include a story right now to make this all make sense sorry for confusing people with the strife and hexen enemies. So the story starts out with you on a spacestation heading to the chex federation. But flemoids attack and corrupt the spacestation, you fought and found your way out of the spacestation and you have also used an escape pod to escape to the nearest planet. But you are confused why flemoids are still alive. Then you land on the planet and find a factory named flem labs inc. You find humans in their captured by the flemoids. Then you go through a tour to see how flem is made and used. Then the factory is put on lock down so you found a bow and enemies you have never seen before. Then you released all of the rebels and from the jail cells and you found who is behind this. A man named Malaborne who made the factory. Then you destroy the factory and then you go to the jungle planet of Tie Ten-ha to find the secret base of the chex federation and the end. Also could you please give me a scripted marine.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:02:48 PM by Drwalrustein »

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting