Chex4Win Primary Topic

Started by DestroyedEDGE, August 30, 2015, 11:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyedEDGE

PROJECT STATUS: ABANDONED
That's right, this project is abandoned. No more new updates. Can an admin lock this topic? I am working on Chex Quest Revived, and cannot continue work on this project.

Awesomedude249

Good thing you're discontinuing this project, it was not very worth it anyway. What is Chex Quest Revived, out of curiosity?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

DestroyedEDGE

Remake of Chex Quest, but using the DooM 2 map format. Also I am working on better textures.

Awesomedude249

Do you mean higher resolution, or just better in general?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

DestroyedEDGE

Awesomedude249

Oh. Well I can make some textures for it, if they're high-res renders of the originals, or high res newer versions.

DestroyedEDGE

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on September 01, 2015, 08:48:47 PM
Oh. Well I can make some textures for it, if they're high-res renders of the originals, or high res newer versions.
Thanks! I also plan on adding new flemoids. Maybe you could help with that, too.  :whale

Awesomedude249

Wait, do you want high-res renders of the originals AND new textures that are high res?

DestroyedEDGE

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on September 01, 2015, 09:10:47 PM
Wait, do you want high-res renders of the originals AND new textures that are high res?
Nope, just want the originals high-res remakes. Plus the old textures look better on ZDooM than GZDooM anyways, and this mod uses ZDooM.

Awesomedude249

If you want high-res textures you need to use GZDooM, because ZDooM doesn't support high-res textures.

DestroyedEDGE

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on September 01, 2015, 09:15:43 PM
If you want high-res textures you need to use GZDooM, because ZDooM doesn't support high-res textures.
Ok, it's just the graphics don't get fuzzy in ZDooM while they do in GZDooM. But Ok.

MajorSlime

That's a setting you can turn off in the graphics options of GZDoom
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Awesomedude249

Yeah. The high-res ones won't work in ZDooM to my knowledge. I have to get off but I will be back in like 5 mins.