Author Topic: R.I.P. Jerry Lewis Telethon (And Don't Come Back!)  (Read 909 times)

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 68
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
R.I.P. Jerry Lewis Telethon (And Don't Come Back!)
« on: September 07, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
Let's get one thing straight.  I am all for charities.  I have done volunteer work for them in the past, and will likely continue to do so in the future ...

... but I am happy to know the Jerry Lewis Labour Day Telethon is gone.

Good riddance!

As a kid growing up in the '70s, I loathed the Jerry Lewis telethon.  Labour Day was the last day of freedom before going back to school, and what was the only thing on TV?  That blasted telethon.  We only had a few TV channels up in the Northern Ontario town we lived in, and all of them had that telethon on.  No Bugs Bunny. No Rocket Robin Hood. No kids shows of any kind.  Just that stupid telethon.

What a way to end the summer.

Even when cable TV finally became available, and the number of channels we got shot up to an amazing eight of them (!), there was still no getting away from that blasted telethon.  It was still on every channel.

I guess it was lucky the intenet came along, as well as hundreds of worthless TV channels that could not be assimilated by Jerry Lewis's long dark tentacles.  Now finally, after 48 years of tormenting captive audiences, the evil monster known as the Labour Day telethon is finally dead.

Yippie!

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting