So I have been back to playing around with Vilecore again, and I have made some progress. MAP03 is almost finished now, MAP04 is about 70% done, and I just got a whole whack of MAP05 done as well.
I do not have any screen shots yet. I will see if I can get someone to take some for me. I don't trust myself to make good screenies at the moment.
Three monsters now have working equivalents so they can appear in the game. However, I am using existing flemoid sprites at the moment, which might be a little confusing.
The Hellknight is using Maximus sprites. This is because I already assigned the Maximus sprites to the name (BOS2) that the Hellknight uses. To distinguish it from the Maximus, I shrunk him down slightly. If you see a short Maximus, then you know it is a weaker version.
The chaingunner equivalent uses the Commonus sprites, but this time I enlarged him to distinguish him from the Commonus.
The cacodemon is temporaily using the cycloptis sprites. I also swapped the caco on MAP02 for Cycloptis Tennacious.