Author Topic: Most of the New Stuff  (Read 33346 times)

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
Most of the New Stuff
« on: June 12, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »
This topic contains most of the new stuff in The New Chex Quest: Generation Two. Emphasis on most. ;)

This list shall be updated. Frequently. So check often.

New Zorchers

The Liquid Zorcher

If you think you've seen powerful Zorchers before, then get ready for this Zorcher!!! It fires a sequence of three attacks. The first attack is a hitscan attack that is based off of the "Tomed" Dragon Claw attack from Heretic. Three attacks are fired, in the manner that a Disciple of D'Sparil would fire its attack. The second attack is a set of two balls of gaseous Zorch that, when they impact, cause a rain of liquid zorch to descend from the ceiling! The final, and most devastating, attack generates two balls of zorch that are based off of the "Tomed Mace Spheres of DEATH!" They kill everything except for the major bosses (e. g. Ultimus, Alpha Teleportus, Dekarhinus etc...) in one hit! They bounce around, but can't jump into the air. In between the two bouncing balls of Zorch is a projectile that is highly destructive. It quickly multiplies, and rips through all of the enemies it comes into contact with! Each sequence costs exactly 60 Liquid Zorch Ammo (which comes in canisters). But wait! There's more! I've coded an AltFire state into it, so if you use the Alternate Fire button, an attack is unleashed that would shame the LAZ Device. You ready? No? Too bad! It fires a spray of zorch so powerful that it can take out an Ultimus in one blow at close range. What's the catch, you say? Each Alternate Fire attack costs 200 Liquid Zorch ammo! Heck, it's worth it to have one less Ultimus in your life! You must collect all three pieces (The handle, barrel, and body) to use the Liquid Zorcher.

The Beam Zorcher

Finally, here it is! A Railgun Zorcher! It consumed 20 Phasing Zorch ammo per shot, and requires special gloves to wield.

The Seeker Zorcher

This Zorcher fires a super-powerful seeking Propulsor shot! It has an increased "Blast" damage and radius, so it is even less recommendable in close combat than the Zorch Propulsor.

The Chain Zorcher

The Chain Zorcher is just like the Rapid Zorcher... with twice the firing rate! It also requires some cool-down time after you finish unleashing its fury.

End of Zorchers

New Flemoids (Oh boy!)

The Elite Cycloptis

This flying horror is a Cycloptis with an upgraded suit. Its attack consists of three slime balls fired in angular directions. It inherits many behaviours from the Disciple of D'Sparil (Heretic).

The Evolved Cycloptis

This guy dwarfs the Elite Cycloptis. Half of the time, it fires a huge spread of Flem particles. The other half of the time, he fires three Chex-seeking slime balls in a row that consist of slime that grows on the target for a moment or two. A master of chivalry, it tends to give a weapon to the victor. You can submit a name for this Flemoid via the PM system. Use your computer. It's the best way to use it!

The Evolved Ultricus

This Flemoid has bad news written all over it. It fires a few streams of red slime balls, one occasionally bigger than the rest. When you see the big slime ball, look out! It uses Liquid Zorch to draw slime from the Flemoid's dimension, so it occasionally leaves you some Liquid Zorch. You can suggest a name for this Flemoid by PMing me.

Flemoidus Perforatus

The Flemoidus Perforatus is similar to the Flemoidus Gattlingus, except it has higher HP, speed, and a slightly higher firing rate. This Flemoid also has a smaller Pain Chance, so expect it to not stop firing. Its "big brother" is the Evolved Flemoidus Perforatus. Kudos for Manny for making the sprite set.

Evolved Flemoidus Perforatus

This dude is a heavy-duty assault Flemoid. He comes equipped with slightly more HP than a Sputum. He pumps out two continous streams of red slime balls, at a rate even GREATER than the Sputum, so make sure you have something to hide behind if you're taking on a group of them! He also has a pain chance that is less than that of a Sputum and a greater speed than a Sputum. You can suggest a name for this Flemoid by sending me a message.

End of Flemoids

New Powerups

The (Super)Zorchsphere

The Zorchsphere quadruples all damage you do for a limited time. The Super Zorchsphere multiplies all the damage you do by eight. However, it only lasts for half of the Zorchsphere's time.

The Ultimate Chex Armor

The Ultimate Chex Armor grants the wearer with the power of quartering all damage that is done to him or her for a limited time.

The Jet Boots

The Jet Boots give you (the Chex Warrior) the ability to FLY! And, it gives you a speed boost to go with it! It works for about as long as the Zorchsphere.

The High Jump Boots

The High Jump Boots, once you equip them, double the height of all of your jumps for the rest of the current level! Be sure to check out secrets etc.

The Zorch Pod

This pod full of electric Zorch energy will zorch away all the slime you have on your suit! It only lasts a certain amount of time, though.

End of Powerups

Miscellaneous

Glass of Orange Juice

When you drink a nutritious glass of Orange Juice, you gain a +2 Health Bonus that can extend up to 250 health!

Max Slime Repellant

This is a super-powerful Slime Repellant. It gives +2 Super Chex Armor, up to 250 armor.

Perimeter Defense Turret

These turrets can be a real help, so when you find the switch that powers them up, flip it. There are two varieties. One variety fires a hitscan attack and can take more slime. The other variety fires two powerful balls of Zorch, but it can't absorb as much slime as its hitscan cousin.

Shadow Chex Armor

This sucker is probably the best armor that the Intergalactic Federation of Cereals' research department has ever come up with! It protects against almost all of the damage you take until it runs out, AND it renders you semi-invisible for a short period of time! Those scientists really HAVE done it now!

End of Miscellaneous

New Skill Difficulty!

That's right. You thought Super Slimey was hard, right? WRONG! This challenging skill difficulty inherits all of the properties from Super Slimey. However, you get triple ammo from pickups. That's the only good thing. The bad things for the player are that all respawn times are halved, monsters attack 5 times as much, and their damage is doubled. Have fun.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:34:40 PM by The Slimeinator »
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Most of the New Stuff
« on: June 12, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: Most of the New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:34:52 PM »
Hmm. I see where the powerups came from (Skulltag, I think...). and you play Heretic and Hexen alot, apparently...

FINALLY, A rail zorcher! But, whats with the gloves? It goes forwards...right?
That first one is a mashup, but is unique overall. Parts? that'll be interesting...and hard.
seekers...I like those! But, how fast will it travel/seek?
chainzorcher...like a minigun? I'd love a zorching minigun.

I like and approve...but will prolly slam you after playing so, I'm not gonna say nothing. (locks mouth)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »
Why would you slam me? ???

Anyway, the Beam Zorcher outputs a disruptive energy that requires special gloves to handle, as with the Seeker Zorcher. The Chain Zorcher is based off of the Skulltag minigun, but the Zorchsphere and the Ultimate Chex Armor? I wrote the code myself. The sprites for the Liquid Zorcher were taken from the 99weapons mod and recolored. The seeker Propulsor shot travels at the same rate as the regular Propulsor shot, with very aggressive tracking abilities.

Finally, YOU CAN'T PLAY TOO MUCH HERETIC/HEXEN! >:( :D

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »
Oh. I was just saying...Skulltag has those 'runes' that do stuff. One of them acts kinda like the UCA, but oh well, if you didn't know about them, you obviously wrote it yourself...

Wait, I've played the 99weapons...what wad is it?

Good, some go slow with exclent tracking, some too fast with poor tracking. Aggressive tracking is the best and unaltered speed is good.

I would slam you because I can't beat it. To this day, haven't gotten through with out an IDDQD at one point in time...still can't get past MAP29...

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:50 PM »
Well, the new weapons will make it more beat-able.

... ... ... {[searching]}

Hmmm... I coulda sworn it was 99weapons...

It was a mod that replaced the fist and the chainsaw with two weapons using the Liquid Zorcher Sprites. One was green and one was blue.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:30 AM »
Here's what mighta happened:
xtraweps.wad (HUGE modification of stuff, mebe in there)
WRW.wad (Very large compilation of weapons...might be in there)

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:08:59 AM »
Neither. I've gone through WRW.wad more times than you know...far more.

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »
I'd believe it...BTW, do you have a fix to make it work in GZDooM? I am needing a silenced weapon...

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
...What?

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
In response to "ive been through it more time that you can think of..." I said "I'd believe it..." and also asked if you had the fix to make it work in the latest GZDooM...It doesn't work in GZDooM, but a guide was released saying here's how...it didn't work for me...

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »
WRW works for me in GZDooM...

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 04:30:34 PM »
O_O It does???
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
What's so wierd about that?

Anyway, check out the info on the Liquid Zorcher again. I added an Alternate Fire State and modified the attack.

Offline arch129

• Drum Set Salesman
  • Fan Projects Coordinator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
Knee Deep in Slime? :O

I can't wait to see this new stuff in action.  ;D

Offline The Slimeinator

• Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
Wait no longer. Download the new release and go to MAP33. ;D

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting