Author Topic: Interesting Traffic Report  (Read 10957 times)

Offline Strife

• Teh Spacemann
  • Bipedicus w/ Armor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Caution: Not a Flying Toy
Re: Interesting Traffic Report
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 02:22:27 AM »
If all of those people are typing in www.chexquest.org like that, then why do I only see very few guests at a time, and not uncommonly zero?

One thing I have noticed is that images also count for hits. My signature, for example, is hosted at my free subdomain, cbastudios.profusehost.net. If someone, say, on this site, views that signature, then my log says a visitor came from this site (it will even specify the exact URL, or thread location), even though they never went to my site directly, so I probably have several false hits due to such as that. Do you have anything hosted on this domain that might cause something like that, or is publicly viewable on multiple site, boards, etc.?

This seems like a plausible possibility. For example, I use the exact same avatar on every single forum I visit. I'm a regular member of at least 4 forums including this one, and I can only imagine the total number of views it gets from all the members and guests on those forums loading pages with my avatar in it. xD

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
No telling how many of those are even "legitimate" hits. With as few guests as I see (The Slimeinator has seen ten at the most) on, and with all of the same people visiting the homepage and visiting threads, there can't be many legitimate hits.

I agree.

I kinda wish I had the 30 bucks to find out how many people keep tabs on this place.  Between some political action I've been involved in ($300+ spent there!) and purchasing hosting for this forum ($60), I'm broke.  I'm quite conservative with my finances, so my definition of broke is different.  I still have tons of money hoarded in the bank.  I just don't like spending money.  I suppose I'm a rare case.  Maybe once I get a job (if that ever happens soon), I'll get the definite number of lurkers.
That isn't something that I would spend money on, anyway, unless I had it spewing out of me like an endless fountain. It's not imperative that we know, so if you're conservative with your money, then I would hold off until I could comfortably spend it. Speaking of a job, how did the Dunkin' Donuts job go?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »
No telling how many of those are even "legitimate" hits. With as few guests as I see (The Slimeinator has seen ten at the most) on, and with all of the same people visiting the homepage and visiting threads, there can't be many legitimate hits.

I agree.

I kinda wish I had the 30 bucks to find out how many people keep tabs on this place.  Between some political action I've been involved in ($300+ spent there!) and purchasing hosting for this forum ($60), I'm broke.  I'm quite conservative with my finances, so my definition of broke is different.  I still have tons of money hoarded in the bank.  I just don't like spending money.  I suppose I'm a rare case.  Maybe once I get a job (if that ever happens soon), I'll get the definite number of lurkers.
That isn't something that I would spend money on, anyway, unless I had it spewing out of me like an endless fountain. It's not imperative that we know, so if you're conservative with your money, then I would hold off until I could comfortably spend it. Speaking of a job, how did the Dunkin' Donuts job go?

I never got around to sending in my application.  I believe they're still hiring, so I'll have to do it this week.  Thanks for reminding me.  rotf

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »
you forgot the 'L' richie...I might think your on fire so you just stopped typing, dropped on the floor, and rolled away...

I was waiting on those doughnuts and was wondering why I wasn't getting any...LOL
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting