Started by Loremaster, January 15, 2008, 04:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Chex Quest game was your favourite

Chex Quest
Chex Quest 2
T.U.C.Q.
Other Mod

Loremaster

Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Richie

For me - The Ultimate Chex Quest.  Coming in at a close second would be Chex Quest 2.

Atariangamer

Ehh, I like Newmaps. It kept the style while providing new features, and the story plays well. Like richie, CQ2 comes in close 2nd...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I dont think new maps counts. But if it does, I think Strifes map were awsome! (I cjose CQ1 though ;))
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Tough vote, but I fell in for Chex Quest. TUCQ will be awesome in the future, but the "CHANGEMEs" at the present stage drag it down a little. Chex Quest 2 has a few kinks, and there are some real good mods out there, but I just felt that the original was the best of the choices handed to me.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

Chex Quest Two had a bug for me that whenever I tried to open the red door on the first level, the game suddenly ended. This also happens when I used charlesjacobi on most of that wall, and only when I found a specific path was I able to advance to the next level.

As to my vote, CHANGEMEs beside, I think TUCQ is the best 'cuz it has both Chex Quest and Chex Quest 2 (without the aforementioned bug) along with new graphics and skill difficulties (that took the cake.)
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Strife

I thought about selecting the original Chex Quest, but I think i'm gonna have to go with The Ultimate Chex Quest. Not only did it make Chex Quest playable on modern PC's, but it improved the look and feel of the levels and merged CQ1 and CQ2 together into the same package. I also selected it based on the fact that it's going to add two more official episodes along with a variety of new flemoids and textures, giving the Chex Quest saga the conclusion it has deserved for so many years. ^_^

☼Foley☼ teh AWESOME!

whoa- it's that guy i never met except when he returned for about 3 days a few months back!  are you gonna show up on a half- way regular basis now, strife?

Strife

Quote from: ☼Foley☼ teh Awesome! on January 16, 2008, 10:38:35 PM
whoa- it's that guy i never met except when he returned for about 3 days a few months back!  are you gonna show up on a half- way regular basis now, strife?

Like I said in the BoReD topic, i'm going to try and become a regular member again and stick around. I won't have time to make CQ mods most likely, but I can still try to compose more music every now and then.

On an on-topic note, what'd you pick as your favorite incarnation of Chex Quest? ^_~

☼Foley☼ teh AWESOME!

the original- since its the only one i've made an effort to play.

Kuwabara

I can't truthfully say, because it has been so long since I have played any form of Chex Quest!

Johnny Bravo

john 3:16 : ""For God so loved the world that he gived his one and only Sun, that whoever believers in him shal not perish but have eternal life. "
im making a chex quest wad to and when is done ill post and people will see and liek!

Awesomedude249

Look at the post date. Nearly 8 years ago. Please stop bumping.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to