Funny CQFF stories

Started by Batmanifestdestiny, June 19, 2008, 06:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

lol

Loremaster seemed pretty scary to me aswell (I had lurked in the early posts of the Invisionfree board before I got teh account)...He really seems to have throttled back...ALOT. lol jk
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

brain candy

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 25, 2008, 10:31:40 AM
One time I performed Necromancey without knowing that it was illegel, and gave new life to a 4 month-old topic :D
I just did that about a week ago! After a morning of at looking at dates on jobs in a SQL database, I guess I was seeing June's all over the place, including a topic I thought had June posts. Turn's out it didn't.  Manny saved me. :D

And Pika, like Manny said... no one was mad at you.  :)

Batmanifestdestiny

I accidentaly necromanced a TUCQ topic.
sometimes my browser doesn't give the old warning.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

Quote from: brain candy on July 07, 2008, 05:10:08 PM
Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 25, 2008, 10:31:40 AM
One time I performed Necromancey without knowing that it was illegel, and gave new life to a 4 month-old topic :D
I just did that about a week ago! After a morning of at looking at dates on jobs in a SQL database, I guess I was seeing June's all over the place, including a topic I thought had June posts. Turn's out it didn't.  Manny saved me. :D
As ChexCommander has said (though not in these exact words), I'm pretty much the grim reaper of old topics--the opposite of a necromancer, if you will. :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Loremaster

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on July 07, 2008, 12:34:57 AM
lol

Loremaster seemed pretty scary to me aswell (I had lurked in the early posts of the Invisionfree board before I got teh account)...He really seems to have throttled back...ALOT. lol jk

Yeah, I know. I let you guys get away with WAY too much.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Kuwabara

Eh, as long as we are not malignant about it..

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: Kuwabara on July 08, 2008, 05:10:39 AM
Eh, as long as we are not malignant about it..
what if we're stagnant about it? ;D

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

? Wha ?

I have started two signature trends...The sonic personality quiz on the old board, and now the Sloganizer...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Batmanifestdestiny

I originally got the sloganiser on the old board when I saw Loremasters.  It was even the same design! (after playing with the LED light one.)

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

ChexCommander

...Sloganizer's weren't the best fad, you know...

I remember my first day at the forums.  I had heard about Lucius' ZorchMatch, and was just about ready to blow someone apart with a Phasing Zorcher.  So I bumped a really old topic (I think it was about TUCQ) and said something about Multiplayer, even though that had never even come up in the topic.  So then Manny comes rolling along and tells me off for bumping, and gives me a copy of the Board Rules.  That was my first post.  And then I replied to some other stuff, and Manny kept replying to everything I said, so I called him paranoid, even though he was the only other person on.  That was my first encounter with someone on the CQFF.

And now, here I am, a Chex Master, a CQ Multiplayer ST Host, who has only been on this forum for three months.  Livin la vida loca.  in my dreams
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Batmanifestdestiny

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Batmanifestdestiny

you know, the CQFF used to be really small, but now it's getting pretty big.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

brain candy

I realize the situation was completely insane and slightly traumatizing for the CQFF generation who experienced it, but looking back, I always thought it was super funny how speaking Dragon Master's name was on the same level as saying Lord Voldemort's in a Harry Potter world.  :-X

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: brain candy on July 08, 2008, 03:01:01 PM
I realize the situation was completely insane and slightly traumatizing for the CQFF generation who experienced it, but looking back, I always thought it was super funny how speaking Dragon Master's name was on the same level as saying Lord Voldemort's in a Harry Potter world.  :-X
LOL
And mentioning Rushnerd was like talking about Dane Cook.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!