Funny CQFF stories

Started by Batmanifestdestiny, June 19, 2008, 06:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

...instant lulz??? IDK, I kinda like Dane Cook's sketches.

And I nevar heard about Dragon Master...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Kuwabara

I know of him via Loremaster, and xbolt's History.

Dragon Master *a crowd of people twitch*

Atariangamer

Eh, i would lol, but the severity of the situation restricts me.

Manny Cav

As I understand, he was all talk, and no game, threatening to unleash viruses and stuff. Dangerous thing to hear from an administrator....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

brain candy

He turned out to be all talk as far as the viruses go but he definitely caused a ton of problems. Our old board's Admin CP was not as robust so we had to manually keep track of all of DM's alts and figure out if Tilple (an old school member) was apart of it (he was not). I believe he also messed around with the forums, creating his own sub forums and abusing his admin powers. He made a lot of threats, all empty, but threats none the less.  It freaked everyone out for a while. Fortunately, typing out "dragon master" here does not have the same effect it once had.

Atariangamer

good. I would hate that to happen here.

Kuwabara

(Atari didn't know then, that his name would become just as bad only a few months later, when he went on his own forum rampage, effectively destorying the entire chex quest area.)

I am kidding, I tend to do that to people, even in RL.  (Especially batmanifestdestiny)  Narrating RL and making up future events is FUN.

Atariangamer

Why does it seem that most members of this board are attracted to FAILING. No one can keep away from it! If you can forecast someones life to be horrible, you do it! If you can get on their nerves with Desu, you do it! If you can FAIL them for normal stuff (like I didn't know, so I post "what is it?"...then get FAIL'd), YOU BLOODY WELL DO IT. This forum is a failing grounds for poor lurkers and people well off the beaten path of life...

NOW that my lecture of doom is done, I would like to say that I have no funny stories...nothing so far happend to me to be funny.

ChexCommander

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on July 09, 2008, 09:33:03 AM
Why does it seem that most members of this board are attracted to FAILING. No one can keep away from it! If you can forecast someones life to be horrible, you do it! If you can get on their nerves with Desu, you do it! If you can FAIL them for normal stuff (like I didn't know, so I post "what is it?"...then get FAIL'd), YOU BLOODY WELL DO IT. This forum is a failing grounds for poor lurkers and people well off the beaten path of life...

NOW that my lecture of doom is done, I would like to say that I have no funny stories...nothing so far happend to me to be funny.
Why don't you look in the mirror?  ;)

Dragon Master...it said something 'bout him in the history of the CQFF, but I don't feel a chill run down my spine.  I only got here a few months ago, anyways.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

About the worse I've seen is the spam incident that occurred a month or two after I joined on the old board. I think he ran around under the names "DarkArachnotron" and "Willis", just to name two. Then there's wayc incident.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

brain candy

Which unfortunately were not very funny.  :-\

Manny Cav

Oops. Yeah, you're right. We went off on just CQFF stories in general. Okay, back on it, guys!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Ah, I remember when Manny, one of the Global Moderators, started telling stories about these incidents that happened many moons ago, long before my time.  However, one of our admins, brain candy, was able to shift Manny back into the topic, which was supposed to be about funny stories.  Manny was then extremely embarrased for going off-topic, as he was now going to be called a hypocrite.  And the CQFF continued happily ever after.

Those were the days...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

brain candy

To be fair, I believe I started us down that path.  8)

Oh how the CQFF survived such incidents of off topicness... I'll never know.