IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

I'm going to sticky it so Chukker here can add information anytime he likes.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Quote from: Chukker on June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM
My apologies to the other modders out there who have worked on their own versions of Chex Quest 3. It is not my intention to upstage any of your efforts. I just feel compelled to tell my own vision of what the next chapter in the Chex Warrior's story would be like. In fact the ambitious efforts on all of the Chex Quest mods should be applauded, for they are what have inspired me to put so much time into this project. I have a great deal of admiration for what you have done and it's my hope that I can consult with you when I get stumped on something technical. I might be dropping posts in the tech support forum occasionally for some help. 

This is awsome! Thank you some much for what you have done for this community! As for the what i've quoted I dont mind. In fact I insist you to not worry. This will be a offical CQ3. All I need to do is rename mine. And the inspiring thing goes to ways I guess. I've been inspired by all the digital cafe members that created chex quest. (Mostly you, and your work.) So much that I for 10 years want to make new flemoids and maps. Now I've finally been able to do so. (I never relized how hard it is.) Well, all I can think to say is thank you! I love the way you made it look. The new flemoid looks awsome! One more thing, do you plan to have a Lost soul/Cybie/Spidermastermind replacement? Ah im so excited! I'm shaking!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Pikazec2012

Wow amazing finally an official chex quest 3 one question. the flemoid in the third pic what doom monster does it correspond to
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

arch129

Quote from: Pikazec2012 on June 23, 2008, 04:44:23 PM
Wow amazing finally an official chex quest 3 one question. the flemoid in the third pic what doom monster does it correspond to
Im not sure but it does look like a revenant or a archvile in a way.

Strife

I'm nearly speechless here. This is something that I never thought would have happened, but moments like this make me realize that persistence can really pay off in the end! It's so amazing that Chex Quest, a game that was created over a decade ago for a cereal company, could live on and expand to the point where a third sequel would be released. ^__^

I would really like to give everyone in this forum a pat on the back for keeping this game alive over the years, and to the Chukker himself for being a part of creating it in the first place. I'm so excited to see how CQ3 turns out, and if you need any assistance constructing it, you've got a whole team here to help out if necessary. ^_~

On that note, if you need some new sound effects for the flemoids, I have a few sound utilities I could use to try and recreate the original flemoid noises.

Quote from: arch129 on June 23, 2008, 05:01:21 PM
Quote from: Pikazec2012 on June 23, 2008, 04:44:23 PM
Im not sure but it does look like a revenant or a archvile in a way.

Perhaps the Doom monster it replaces will be one of the surprises. ^_^ But if I had to make my own guess, I would say either the Revenant or Mancubus.

The Slimeinator

I still think it's the Imp, but it's definitely too thin for a Mancubus' Thing radius. If I had to pick between the two, I would say Revenant.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

xbolt

Woo woo woo! :o

*Brain is too fried to think of anything else to say right now*

Loremaster

I literally just got done running around my house screaming like a 5 year old girl in joy. This is amazing news, and I'm very much looking forward to this!
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

The Green Avenger

Awesomeness!  [overusedline]This is big...[/overusedline]

Love the look of the whole thing.  The new flemoid is perfect, just as freaky if not more than the originals.  As for which DooM monster it replaces, I couldn't care less.  It could be anything, since the hitbox can be changed to fit the desired shape of a monster.  Rather simple DeHackEd work.  This is from a complete rookie when it comes to DeHackEd too...

Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Replica

Quote from: The Slimeinator on June 23, 2008, 05:13:55 PM
I still think it's the Imp, but it's definitely too thin for a Mancubus' Thing radius. If I had to pick between the two, I would say Revenant.

Hold on! If this is a Doom 1 convertion then I wouldn't think it would be the revenant. @Chucker, Is it Ultimate Doom or Doom 2?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Richie

*jaw drops*  Beautiful!

Kuwabara

*ahem*  I have only one thing to say:

TEH BOMBSHELL!!!!

Holy crud I was NOT expecting this!  All I can say is SWEET!  I have noticed that Chex quest has been being revived on these forums as of late!  Xbolt!  You need to put this in the history!

Josh

I KNOW I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!

Batmanifestdestiny

I'm going to bow down and WORSHIP Charles Jacobi (Chukker) when the games released!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Lucius

I cant believe it. REally awesome man! I can't believe you're making this and you're the original artist! :) I love the new art.