IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

How long will it take to complete Chex Quest 3?
A month ,2 months ,3 ,4, a year?

Manny Cav

Quote from: arch129 on June 24, 2008, 06:12:58 PM
How long will it take to complete Chex Quest 3?
A month ,2 months ,3 ,4, a year?
Quote from: Chukker on June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM
I am very busy between work and family at home, so I can't honestly give any estimate on when I might finish. 2 of 5 levels are nearly finished. Maybe 25% of new textures and sprites are done. I hope it can be released before the end of the year, but we will see. I will try to post an update once a month or so with some new screenshots or concept art.
;)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TrueDude

I didn't mention this before, but somehing about the Titlescreen looks... odd. Maybe the way Chexter is drawn or something.

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: True_Dude on June 24, 2008, 09:44:12 PM
I didn't mention this before, but somehing about the Titlescreen looks... odd. Maybe the way Chexter is drawn or something.
I think that you're just noticing the skintight blue spandex.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

I knew that was it, but I just didn't know quite how to word it properly. :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Aye. The reason it looks strange now is because we've never seen a really close back shot of the Chex Warrior. xD; I think it stays true to his original style.

Batmanifestdestiny

yeah, and better yet, now we know where all the zorch for the phaser comes from! a backtank!
Thanks, Chukker, you've officially cleared up a mystery.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 26, 2008, 02:08:31 AM
yeah, and better yet, now we know where all the zorch for the phaser comes from! a backtank!
Actually, that's kind of old news. We've always known of the zorchpak, and if you look at the sprite of Chexter holding the Super Bootspork closely, you'll see a red wire running the visible length of the Super Bootspork that is not unlike the red wire in the first image that Chukker provided.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Super Searcher

This is SO cool! I can't wait for it to come out!  ;D
The creator of "A Miner Catastrophe". http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?board=43.0

Hey guys look! Its a giant mushroom, maybe its friendly! :D

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: Manny Cav on June 26, 2008, 11:38:02 AM
Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 26, 2008, 02:08:31 AM
Actually, that's kind of old news. We've always known of the zorchpak, and if you look at the sprite of Chexter holding the Super Bootspork closely, you'll see a red wire running the visible length of the Super Bootspork that is not unlike the red wire in the first image that Chukker provided.

Well yes, but for all we knew that red wire could have been leading into his minizorcher, or better yet, HIS HEART!!!!

I just like having things confirmed :)

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

ChexCommander

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 26, 2008, 03:30:36 PM
Well yes, but for all we knew that red wire could have been leading into his minizorcher, or better yet, HIS HEART!!!!
Uh, no comment.

I always thought the Bootspork was connected to some sort of power supply or zorchpak.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on June 26, 2008, 04:12:02 PM
Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on June 26, 2008, 03:30:36 PM
I always thought the Bootspork was connected to some sort of power supply or zorchpak.
Then you thought like I did.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

I never thought about it. (anyways, I beleave this topics for Chucker's CQ3 not what the weapons are connected to)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

redbipedicus

It looks incredible! I can't wait to play it!

I never thought the day would come that a new official release would be made. Since you are one of the geniuses behind this amazing series, I would say this is as close to official as it's gonna get. Thank you very, very much for taking your personal time to make us a whole new Chex Quest game. As a long-time CQ fan, I am honored.

Atariangamer

DAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!!

WAY TOO MUCH, MAN!!1
Holy cow...I did notice him lurking, but never knew what was happening...

I SERIOUSLY can't wait...This...is...big.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.