IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chukker

I'm sure it hasn't gone unnoticed that I have been lurking about the forums. To what end you might ask? As everyone knows last year I busted out the ole' Doom editing tools and made the new flemoid and some test environments. What everyone doesn't know is that I have been spending the intervening time working on something BIG! I was shocked to find out that I was having a great time returning to the Chex universe and making retro game art. So it is with great pleasure that I am here to announce that I am currently working on a full-blown sequel to Chex Quest 2! It will have 5 all-new missions, complete with new flemoids and new environments!

My apologies to the other modders out there who have worked on their own versions of Chex Quest 3. It is not my intention to upstage any of your efforts. I just feel compelled to tell my own vision of what the next chapter in the Chex Warrior's story would be like. In fact the ambitious efforts on all of the Chex Quest mods should be applauded, for they are what have inspired me to put so much time into this project. I have a great deal of admiration for what you have done and it's my hope that I can consult with you when I get stumped on something technical. I might be dropping posts in the tech support forum occasionally for some help. 

I am very busy between work and family at home, so I can't honestly give any estimate on when I might finish. 2 of 5 levels are nearly finished. Maybe 25% of new textures and sprites are done. I hope it can be released before the end of the year, but we will see. I will try to post an update once a month or so with some new screenshots or concept art.

The Slimeinator

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be AWESOME!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

That's awesome! But, what happened to the level that you was working on here? (EDIT: The other pictures loaded for me. It looks like the level's there.) Will that be a part of this new mod of yours?

That Flemoid looks like some horribly slimed plant thing. And what's with the shooting star things? What port will this be for? Is that a flashlight and some weird zorchpak in the first screenshot?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

I'm guessing Legacy, due to the crosshair. I am also guessing the turnip-headed Flemoid is CQ 3's answer to the BWA. I am deducing that those "shooting stars" are comets or meteors containing Flemoid Larvae, and were similar to the asteroid that landed on Bazoik.

Manny Cav

Yeah, the first screenshot implies that, what with the meteor glowing green and whatnot.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

Also, if you look in the third screenshot on the right side of the screen, there is one of those meteorites and a pool of slime, with slime edges on nearby textures.

Manny Cav

I also noticed that. Hmmm.... Is this the same planet that Chex City is on? I still wonder what the name of that planet is.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Chukker

IFC Central Command was the test map I put together last year and posted the earlier screenshots of. As I finished that up, I started to have some ideas about a bigger adventure, leading to the idea of making five new missions. So IFC Central Command (the chex-shaped space station in CQ1's intro movie) will be mission #1. I will drop some more info in my monthly updates, but I won't be giving away everything. There needs to be some suprises when you play it for the first time!

The Slimeinator

Manny Cav

I want this to be as surprising as the time that I first played Chex Quest 2, and even the "other" Chex Quest 3 before I knew any better, so, yes, I think that you should reveal information only as needed.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

By the way, that quote "flashlight" by Manny Cav seems to be, in truth, a Phasing Zorcher, hooked up to a Zorchpak.  Come on guys, can't you tell?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I blew it. :D That DID look like a zorchpak, but the Phasing Zorcher never registered.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Josh

arch129

:O !!!!

What can I say? It looks... Amazing!!!
In the last screen shots it looks like a forrest level, kinda what I did in CQTLQ first episode.

EDIT: Why has this not been stickyed yet it should!

TrueDude

So, since this is made by a member of the original Digital Cafe, I should safely say that this should be part of Chex Quest canon. This... looks.. awesome!