New CQ MIDI Music

Started by Strife, June 24, 2008, 01:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

The new music seems more upbeat and faster; a deviation from the Chex Quest norm. Not exactly Chex Quest-like music, but it's certainly something different, which is nice, for a change.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Thanks, guys. =D

And that's true, Manny. As I said before, i'm putting my own twist on the original style, since it would be nearly impossible for me to duplicate another person's style. I could easily imagine Haphazard being some kind of tune for a boss battle, or some other level where hundred of flemmies are coming at you from every direction. ^^

Replica

... You dont mind if I use it for a boss battle do you?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Strife

Like all of my other compositions... if you credit, you get it. ^_~

Replica

;D Thankyou! I'll give credit.  :)

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Lucius

Quote from: Strife on June 24, 2008, 05:51:06 PM
Thanks, guys! ^_^

And that's really cool, Lucius. =D I'm glad I made a positive difference.

When you say "rhythm", do you mean problems with drum beats, or with the general structure and "flow" of the song?

Mostly drum beats and such. Sometimes it's hard thinking of sections and structure too. Like choruses and flows and things. I made an 8 minute song recently for a school project. It's got cello, keyboards, vocals, and some other stuff. I can send it to you if you want to hear it.

Batmanifestdestiny

is it worded vocals like "dear Molly McTaggart was gan doon't to town, a-skippin' and whistlin' her way..." or the robotic single sound stuff like "oooooh-ooh-OOOOOHH-ooh-oooh-OOOH-ooh-OOH"

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Strife

Quote from: Lucius on June 25, 2008, 11:57:20 PM
Quote from: Strife on June 24, 2008, 05:51:06 PM
Thanks, guys! ^_^

And that's really cool, Lucius. =D I'm glad I made a positive difference.

When you say "rhythm", do you mean problems with drum beats, or with the general structure and "flow" of the song?

Mostly drum beats and such. Sometimes it's hard thinking of sections and structure too. Like choruses and flows and things. I made an 8 minute song recently for a school project. It's got cello, keyboards, vocals, and some other stuff. I can send it to you if you want to hear it.

I had trouble with that as well... but I guess the best advice I can give you is to keep at it. I never took any music classes in my life, so all of my experience comes from trial and error.

In that case, it's entirely up to you if you want me to hear it. If so, I shall accommodate you as best I can. ^_^

Anyways, new song here:

http://www.freewebs.com/cyberfreak/confidence.mid

I think this one turned out magnificently. It's pretty catchy. =D

The Slimeinator

Cool! The song reminds me of a super-hero in flight. But, that's just me. :D
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Replica

Lucius

Alright man, I can send you the song by email, if you want it. One thing I recommend is you listen to it on pretty good speakers, or good headphones. It's a pretty wide frequency range and the bass can blow out small headphones or small speakers. The CQ style music sounds pretty good man. :)

Batmanifestdestiny

that would make for a REALLY good CQ level!

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Manny Cav

The music reminds me of Digital Banjos a lot.

One thing that I'd like to observe is that you tend to double the length of your MIDIs, that is, make it where the song repeats at the halfway point. Is there a reason behind this?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Quote from: Manny Cav on June 27, 2008, 02:50:16 PM
The music reminds me of Digital Banjos a lot.

One thing that I'd like to observe is that you tend to double the length of your MIDIs, that is, make it where the song repeats at the halfway point. Is there a reason behind this?

If I'm not mistaken, Andrew Bensons original music did that as well. But the later repetitions were altered slightly from the first one. I think that's what Strife's doing. Right, Strife?

ChexCommander

Have any of you guys, besides Strife (who I know hasn't), taken music classes?  I'm a musician who plays four instruments: Piano, Trombone, Guitar, and Bass Guitar.  And if you did, you would realize that repeats are often very common in music, so it is not weird for Strife to be putting repeats into his soundtracks.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods