Author Topic: Grumble Grumble Thread  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 68
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
Grumble Grumble Thread
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
I have been manning Salvation Army Christmas kettles for the past two weeks in uncomfortable shoes.

Man! Are my feet killing me.

Also, my magicjack died today.  That means I am going to be without a phone until the replacement comes.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 30
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Grumble Grumble Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 01:22:22 AM »
A grumble topic, eh?

I've been having a great time with this book for school... I've been doing pretty good with my master's so far but for some reason this semester's been almost nothing but pain.

How to put a lot of effort into a class and suck at it anyway:

Step 1: I read the same vague sentence in the book 3 times and get 3 completely different interpretations. I start making assumptions that only last a few minutes (it's a good thing I take electronic notes or I'd be erasing almost constantly).

Step 2: Eventually after doing this for a couple chapters I get frustrated and I start digging up the papers this textbook is based on. The papers go into more detail, I like reading them, and eventually I get to the point where I think I've got it figured out.

Step 3: I end up doing worse than I'd like anyway because I misinterpreted something vague in the book that I didn't bother looking up a paper for because it seemed really simple at the time.

:facepalm

Maybe I should just download all of the works cited in the book and start reading them one by one...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:31:03 AM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting