Looking For Ideas For New Switches and Doors

Started by Boingo the Clown, February 16, 2016, 08:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

As work resumes on the Vilecore conversion, I realize I need more switch textures to replace all of the DooM 2 switch textures used by Vilcore.

The problem is Chex Quest only has two different kinds of switch.  That is to say only four patches, two on and two off.  If I just use the two types of switch available, it will make for a pretty boring set of switch textures.  I need some variety.

If you have any ideas for different looking switches, post a drawing.

Thanks.

Breakfast Trek and CQ: TLQ had some pretty cool looking custom switches, and I think I might have hacked together a few too. I think there were a few really small switches (e.g., 16x32) in TNCQ too  if that's what you're looking for.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Awesomedude249

Maybe I could whip something up, does Vilecore use the switches from DooM II?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

TrueDude

When I get the time I'll try my hand at some. I'm busy with moving and currently have no computer or internet access. (I'm on my phone right now)

MajorSlime

I have a set of switch patches that I posted around here somewhere.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Boingo the Clown

In just a few days, Truedude sent me five pairs of switch patches.

I am impressed.

8)

Boingo the Clown

Awesomedude249

Wow! While I was away, this forum became modding-active again! ;D
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Replica

That does look pretty good. Also, is that a new brown sewer brick texture?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Boingo the Clown

Awesomedude249

Quote from: Boingo the Clown on March 01, 2016, 02:23:46 AM
Yes.

Yes it is.
Tell me if you need any other kinds of textures, because I'd like to try my hand at making them. I know enough about CQ sprite editing and the GIMP interface to do it.