Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthias720

I ordered the feelies edition, because I need want a licensed model zorcher.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

xbolt

Quote from: matthias720 on April 19, 2020, 12:49:53 AM
I ordered the feelies edition, because I need want a licensed model zorcher.

No, I'm pretty sure 'need' is the correct word. :erawelahw

matthias720

Okay, okay, you got me. I was foolishly attempting to be a reasonable adult. That's clearly a bad move here. :whale

Atariangamer

I may be crazy, but was there another 'edition' on LRG? There's currently the Soundtrack, Big Box Edition, and Chex Warrior Edition. Before the sale started, I swore there was one more, but by the time I got home and posted my order, the top tier one was gone.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

LAZ Trooper

I ordered the biggest merch pack because how could I not? The first official merchandise for a little-known game from 1997 is worth any amount. :whale
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

xbolt

Quote from: Atariangamer on April 23, 2020, 05:46:38 PM
I may be crazy, but was there another 'edition' on LRG? There's currently the Soundtrack, Big Box Edition, and Chex Warrior Edition. Before the sale started, I swore there was one more, but by the time I got home and posted my order, the top tier one was gone.

There was a super bundle containing all three things, as well as a set of trading cards. I don't know why they got rid of it, though.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: xbolt on April 23, 2020, 10:17:25 PM

There was a super bundle containing all three things, as well as a set of trading cards. I don't know why they got rid of it, though.
That's what I ordered, so it'd better still happen.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on April 24, 2020, 10:37:43 AM
Quote from: xbolt on April 23, 2020, 10:17:25 PM

That's what I ordered, so it'd better still happen.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/april-17th-mega-bundle

Found it.

It was just limited copies. It sold out so they took the listing down. Still... that's legit. Sold a lot :3

matthias720

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked like the mega pack is just the the super pack + the vinyl OST + some trading cards. They say it includes the basic pack, but the basic pack is already in the super pack, so are you getting 2x games, OST CDs, and posters? The wording on the mega pack page was not entirely clear. Either way, I'm not into vinyl, and the trading cards seemed too poor an add-on to the mega pack to be worth my time. Now if they were offering a Chex Warrior cereal bowl I might have made an exception.

Manhs

I missed the bundle but i bought everything anyway, will miss just the card game, idk if this one will be back later, i should have buy it but cool to see it was sold out, apparently, good sales already!  :whale

sinkillerj

I bought the Chex Warrior bundle the minute I heard about it. I feel like we have AVGN to thank for getting the game some mainstream attention.

General Mills themselves have taken note of the popularity surge as well, they officially host Chex 3 now: https://www.chexmix.com/chexquest/

They are also now the official publisher of Chex Quest HD, not entirely sold on the Chex Mix rebrand but we are getting new warriors out of it so eff it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

mryellow362

You know I wonder what will the multiplayer mode be like, Zorch match or a group flemoid hunt?

Atariangamer

Quote from: mryellow362 on May 02, 2020, 12:31:15 PM
You know I wonder what will the multiplayer mode be like, Zorch match or a group flemoid hunt?

At the moment, it'll be hard to say! But I feel like in the spirit of the non-violence aspect, it will likely be a co-op type mode.

sinkillerj

Quote from: mryellow362 on May 02, 2020, 12:31:15 PM

I fear it may just be co-op, the Steam page lists local multiplayer only.

drooben

Hey Folks,

The Chex Quest soundtrack is now available on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/69dcgQ0AA4kGbo86u1jDds?si=lYrtLR7aT_yWuF8JPPfACA

This includes gameplay tracks from CQ1, 2, 3, and new credits and cinematic tracks from HD.

Cheers, Andrew