Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

:whale :whale :whale >:D

noob1234

Whoa, if those are placeholder, I can't wait to see the real ones!

sinkillerj

First Chex Quest 3 and now this? Consider my mind blown good sir. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

This is great! Really looking forward to seeing more.

And playing it, of course, but that's much further down the line.

darkstone

Quote from: sinkillerj on May 18, 2016, 07:02:47 PM
First Chex Quest 3 and now this? Consider my mind blown good sir. Keep up the great work!
Who are you?
Not that I'm disapproving of you being here - unless you happen to be a Russian spambot - but would you introduce yourself?
(she outstretches her hand) I'm Darkstone.

sinkillerj

Quote from: darkstone on May 18, 2016, 08:34:55 PM
Quote from: sinkillerj on May 18, 2016, 07:02:47 PM
Who are you?
Not that I'm disapproving of you being here - unless you happen to be a Russian spambot - but would you introduce yourself?
(she outstretches her hand) I'm Darkstone.

Long time lurker (like... years), first time poster, and like many here a random 90's kid who got a game in a cereal box and developed a potentially unhealthy obsession with it. I am not ready to confirm nor deny that I am a robot, however I'm not Russian, and dont spam. If you wish to learn more about me I have a Twitter, but you may leave more confused than you started: https://twitter.com/sinkillerj

matthias720

It's great that Chex Quest still gets recognition after all these years.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

xbolt

That's interesting how Chexguy was a homage to Buzz Lightyear. That makes him even more awesome now. XD

darkstone

Awesomedude249

For a second I thought "A necropost? Oho, lock pls"
then I remembered stickied threads are exempt from necroposting
and I looked and saw it was chukker himself
:facepalm
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Rushnerd

You are doing god's work, Chukker. Congrats at making it to PC Gamer!

noob1234

Wow! Congrats!

... So, does this interview confirm that the rumored Chex 2 intro and outro videos never existed?

Awesomedude249

Quote from: noob1234 on July 14, 2016, 02:45:11 PM
... So, does this interview confirm that the rumored Chex 2 intro and outro videos never existed?
...Not necessarily.
( I made a post earlier on this but it didn't actually post because my wireless stopped working just before I clicked post.)
I emailed Chukker about the CQ2 intro over 2 years ago (!) and this was his response (email addresses and my name blurred out for privacy reasons:)

He said he no longer had it. That is either a confirmation of its existence or poor wording on his part, and I'm guessing the first one. I think it's the first one because I know in another way that it probably did exist. Basically, I asked my brother who played CQ when it came out if there was ever an intro for the second one. He said he vaguely remembered one but didn't remember what was in it. I told him how a member of the forums who remembered the intro had described it, and he said that sounded familiar. So, two pretty convincing and firm bits of evidence that it exists is enough for me.
EDIT: Later I messaged Chukker about that actually being his email. Turns out it is, this was his response:
Hmm, there has to be one seeing as I have heard from my brother there was one and a member of the forums did describe one existing. Maybe there was a video that was just the animatic or all of the storyboards pieced together, and that's what people saw. Similar to this: