Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesomedude249

Incredible! May I ask who did the voice for Fred Chexter?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

josepharaoh99

Amazing!! Progress is looking great, and the game looks so close to releasing ;) You're doing a phenomenal job!!
I am an Apostolic! Find a good church near you: http://www.upci.org/search

Richie

It looks amazing! Great job, gentlemen!

Awesomedude249

I created an Orchestral version of the Caverns of Bazoik music from the original game. ;D It sounds fitting for an epic trailer like this!
https://soundcloud.com/meme-factory/chex-quest-caverns-of-bazoik-orchestral-remix
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Chukker

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on April 11, 2017, 09:41:43 PM
Incredible! May I ask who did the voice for Fred Chexter?

Andrew Benson was able to get the original voice actor (he's a personal friend of his) to give us a couple of new lines, including the ones in the teaser.  I haven't heard yet on how he wants credited, so I better not state his real name out on the internet.

Chukker

The teaser is now on YouTube

Boingo the Clown

Can we mirror this on our accounts?

Maybe we can make it go viral.

Chukker

Quote from: Boingo the Clown on April 12, 2017, 08:45:13 AM
Can we mirror this on our accounts?

So long as whatever netiquette that applies to reposts are followed (credit the source, don't misrepresent or alter the content, etc.), I have no problem with that.

Manhs

I have shared it everywhere, where people like classic/retro fps for the most, facebook (classic fps fans group), discord (doom/general) ect.... Let's spread the word! ^^  ;)

noob1234

Looks like it's coming along nicely! That's awesome! :D

Manhs

I wanted ask, will the maps be modified, like "longer" or more difficult (more enemies by exemple), or is it gonna be really like the original ?

If it's like the original, it's cool but the game is very easy basically.... need a little challenge !

I have said it before, but i wanted know how it goes  :D

wayc

Looks awesome!  Great interview too.  Hearing the original Chex Warrior speak again was so cool.  Can't wait to play!  :D

Chukker

Hello everyone! Here is a special treat, courtesy of Andrew Benson! The remasters for the game's music have started rolling in and he's agreed to let me post a preview. So here is the remastered track for Landing Zone!

Awesomedude249

It sounds a little too synth-y. Not what I was expecting. It kind of sounds like it's coming out of a Soundblaster card, so if that's the aesthetic you were going for, you succeeded!

noob1234