Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ether Bot

that sounds pretty much right to me, mid 2018-ish.
When In don't, doubt!

Boingo the Clown

Quote from: Mrdzone on October 28, 2017, 07:49:07 AM
When will we expect the game to come out?

Chuck's doing all this in his spare time.  It is hard to say when he will be able to finish it.

Chukker

Next year sometime is likely. Probably closer to the summer if I had to guess, based on contributions coming in. Some volunteers have gotten burned out or lost interest. The big hold-ups right now are environment art and cinematic animations, as well bug fixing. All monsters, weapons and power-ups have been done for months. All the levels are blocked out and playable, but vary to the degree with which they have final artwork. Level 1 is close to finished, but the others range from maybe half done to barely started. The sets for the intro/outro cinematics are mostly done as are all the characters for the speaking roles. There's lots of animation to do though, especially lip-syncing to dialogue.
If anyone wants to contribute, please message me! Environment art could be done with any 3D program (Blender is free). Animation needs to be done in 3D Studio Max 2015+.

Awesomedude249

What do you mean by environment art? Just props and stuff?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Chukker

Props mostly, though there are some outstanding level architecture needs as well.

josepharaoh99

I'm a noob 3d artist, so I'm curious - what are some specific 3d models you'd like made?
I am an Apostolic! Find a good church near you: http://www.upci.org/search

Chukker

I will list some specifics below. I am very willing to mentor any junior artists along if they are interested in helping out. I do that in my 9-5 job as a senior artist. I will provide a model sheet for any assets that need to be created. These will typically have a colored perspective view, some orthographic views and reference images. You might need to be patient though as I may not be very timely in responding to emails or getting critique back to you. Here are some of the outstanding environment art items we need:
Landing Zone- misc. spaceship decor
Storage Facility- modular wall pieces, modular hand rails, staircases, computer consoles
Laboratory- misc. laboratory equipment, tables, lockers, cabinets, large mainframe-style computers
Arboretum- trees and foliage, hydroponics equipment, modular pipes, valves and other plumbing props
Caverns- rocks of all sorts, modular cave walls, mining equipment

josepharaoh99

Okay, decided to try to scrape up a few of the thing you mentioned. I tried my best, but give me a little grace, cause I'm still learning :D So, not sure if this is the style you're going for, but I could definitely use some critique. What's the best way to share the models with you?

P.S. Unfortunately, I'm not the best texturer - I can texture, but I've never done it for a real professional game before  :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
I am an Apostolic! Find a good church near you: http://www.upci.org/search

Chukker

You can dropbox or onedrive share them to my chuck@chucktropolis.com address if you want.

Datra

Oh wow! Perfect time to pop by and see what everyone is up to.
Even though I'm not nearly as active here as I should, I would love to volunteer and do what I can to help.
CQHD Community Dev

Wodd

Chex Quest HD: It definitely looks like it has great potential. This is especially true if it is a remake of the former Chex Quest 3 compilation. I do like that. Its utilization of the full 7.1 channel system is nice. Strangely, it doesn't work for me anymore. It will open to where the Chex piece appears near New Game, but will not go further. It simply alternates between the different episodes' backgrounds. In 1 case, I saw an error. I think that it was something similar to (if it wasn't) "Cannot create screen" followed by the screen resolution. I was considering downloading it again, in an attempt to fix the problem. But, this version would probably be better than that. But, it might not yet be complete and ready for "mainstream distribution."
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

RukieTheGamer

Bringing Chex Quest to HD graphics just looks astonishing! ;D The beginning of the intro scene with the Spaceship Flying Looks Amazing!!!  ;D

Once its all Polished up I would love to have a copy!!!  ^-^

I'm actually running a series Called "Zorch Time" on my Youtube Channel where I playthrough the entire Chex Quest Trilogy on Super Slimey Difficulty.

I cant think of a better way to finish off the series than with this HD remake!  ^-^

Thanks for Starting this Project!!  ;D

Ps: This Community of people is just amazing! 8) 8) 8)

Chukker

The latest news is that we have gotten the help of a group of game dev students from Southern New Hampshire University this semester! This should help us crush a lot of bugs and get some content finished. In addition they are going to get the game put on Steam. Don't fret, it will still be free and available elsewhere too. As I have been setting up the game's page on Steam, I would like this forum's admins to message me regarding links to chexquest.org  under community hubs and forums. Do you want that or not? Could potentially mean a huge influx of people, could be a whole lot of nothing. I can't say.

Boingo the Clown

That is fantastic news.   :D

Replica

That's really exciting! Thanks for the update Chukker! I'm looking forward to it.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.