Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbolt

Ooo, will we be getting Steam achievements too?

I don't see a problem with a link, we are after all the oldest CQ community there is. On the other hand, we might get a lot of weirdos from SPUD. I guess final say should be up to Richie.

Chukker

We are going to try to do a modest number of achievements, something like 10. If they end up being easy to implement, we might try more.

Awesomedude249

How much of the game is completed as of now?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Chukker

It's getting close to something we could call beta (feature complete + content complete). The biggest outstanding elements right now are environment art (2 of 5 levels are mostly beautified, the others are in-progress) and animation for the intro/outro cinematics. There are still some significant bugs, especially with the save/load system, stat tracking and enemy AI/pathfinding. Kudos to forum members Datra and josepharaoh99, they have both made significant contributions over the last couple of months to getting the levels beautified.

Wodd

Based on how games for Windows and Mac OS have been going in recent years, designing a version of Chex Quest HD for Steam is definitely a good move. Also making an independent version for those not concerned about online connectivity (as would be required for Steam achievements) and might not feel comfortable with paying for or not have funding to pay for the game is also a good move. I wish the best to the developers and look forward to playing the game again. Seeing inclusion of the introductory and ending cutscenes also sounds nice, as those were not included in the previous iteration of the game.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Chukker

The steam version will be completely free as well, my license with General Mills does not allow a paid version in any form.

Super Chex

I'm loving where this is going! Just one question: Will Linux be a supported platform?
:D :p

Chukker

I don't think anyone on the dev team uses Linux as an OS so probably not as there would be no way to dev/test it.

Boingo the Clown

That's too bad.

Linux does not get the love it deserves.

Super Chex

Quote from: Chukker on March 14, 2018, 11:32:36 PM
I don't think anyone on the dev team uses Linux as an OS so probably not as there would be no way to dev/test it.

I could test the builds for you. Consider it a gift from the community.
:D :p

Manhs

Chex Quest HD will be on steam like a real game of Steam and for free right?
It's awesome, it could be a good communication for the game (since there is a lot of people who play via steam)
Nice to see the game is still the work and with the help of dev students, really cool!
Good luck!  :D
*listening Chex Quest OST*

Boingo the Clown

"like a real game"?

You're kidding, right?

Manhs

I mean, it won't be just launched via steam as a EXE file? It will be a free game where people can get in the steam official librairy (with the achievment things?
I didn't understand
Or you mean, there will be achievments in the game itself?

elmernite

@Manhs: I believe Boingo the Clown thinks it is ridiculous that you consider "being on steam" A requirement for a "real" game. Many great great games were released as nothing more than an .EXE with no achievements.

I created this account to post here just to say I am super excited for this Chukker and I wish you the best of luck! Long time fan!
-Elmernite

Manhs

Yeah, you are right, sorry ^^' Indeed.