Author Topic: Chex Quest HD!  (Read 33061 times)

Offline Wodd

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Chex Quest HD!
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »
How far has the project come? Is it ready for testing? I am going to guess not since, with a project as large as this one, testing by multiple users would be welcomed. But, since it seems that the intent is to recreate the games in their entirety (based on [at least, what I think that] I had read earlier in the thread) (possible confirmation:
Quote from: Chukker
It's getting close to something we could call beta (feature complete + content complete). The biggest outstanding elements right now are environment art (2 of 5 levels are mostly beautified, the others are in-progress) and animation for the intro/outro cinematics. There are still some significant bugs, especially with the save/load system, stat tracking and enemy AI/pathfinding. Kudos to forum members Datra and josepharaoh99, they have both made significant contributions over the last couple of months to getting the levels beautified.
) (which means the intro and outro videos for episode 1 and the victory scene for Invasion!), it makes sense that the game would not yet be ready.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:23:00 PM by Wodd »
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline elmernite

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Is there any update on this?
I hope it is progressing well!

Offline Chukker

• Bipedicus w/ Armor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 57
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »
Is there any update on this?
I hope it is progressing well!

We are continuing forward, though it was a slow summer. Doesn't seem likely we will finish this year unfortunately. We have completed a rough cut of the intro animation remake. We are talking about polishing that up and releasing it as a trailer. We can probably have that out by end of the year. All game-system stuff is mostly done, minus a few outstanding features like automap and settings screen. Level art is coming along. One level is done, two are approaching finished and the final two still need a lot of beautification.

Offline celebi23

• Working on reconstructing www.chexquest.com :D
  • Bipedicus
  • Thank You
  • Man, this reconstruction work is tiring :D
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2018, 11:30:00 PM »
Holy crap :o I'm away for 2 years and I miss this awesome project XD All of the in-progress images & videos look amazing.

Offline P47Rotgut

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2018, 06:28:12 PM »
This looks Awesome!  Do you all need any help?  Testing or anything?  So glad this is happening.

Offline Chukker

• Bipedicus w/ Armor
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 57
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
We do need some help with environment art and general bug fixing. The majority of bugs have to do with edge-case weapon/reloading/ammo pickup situations and enemy pathfinding. This will require at least some working knowledge of Unreal 4's blueprint visual scripting system. Testing is not ready to open up to a wide group right now. With just a single tester and dev testing, our find rate is still way higher than our fix rate.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting