Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

How far has the project come? Is it ready for testing? I am going to guess not since, with a project as large as this one, testing by multiple users would be welcomed. But, since it seems that the intent is to recreate the games in their entirety (based on [at least, what I think that] I had read earlier in the thread) (possible confirmation:
Quote from: ChukkerIt's getting close to something we could call beta (feature complete + content complete). The biggest outstanding elements right now are environment art (2 of 5 levels are mostly beautified, the others are in-progress) and animation for the intro/outro cinematics. There are still some significant bugs, especially with the save/load system, stat tracking and enemy AI/pathfinding. Kudos to forum members Datra and josepharaoh99, they have both made significant contributions over the last couple of months to getting the levels beautified.
) (which means the intro and outro videos for episode 1 and the victory scene for Invasion!), it makes sense that the game would not yet be ready.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

elmernite

Is there any update on this?
I hope it is progressing well!

Chukker

Quote from: elmernite on September 13, 2018, 10:44:16 PM
Is there any update on this?
I hope it is progressing well!

We are continuing forward, though it was a slow summer. Doesn't seem likely we will finish this year unfortunately. We have completed a rough cut of the intro animation remake. We are talking about polishing that up and releasing it as a trailer. We can probably have that out by end of the year. All game-system stuff is mostly done, minus a few outstanding features like automap and settings screen. Level art is coming along. One level is done, two are approaching finished and the final two still need a lot of beautification.

celebi23

Holy crap :o I'm away for 2 years and I miss this awesome project XD All of the in-progress images & videos look amazing.

P47Rotgut

This looks Awesome!  Do you all need any help?  Testing or anything?  So glad this is happening.

Chukker

We do need some help with environment art and general bug fixing. The majority of bugs have to do with edge-case weapon/reloading/ammo pickup situations and enemy pathfinding. This will require at least some working knowledge of Unreal 4's blueprint visual scripting system. Testing is not ready to open up to a wide group right now. With just a single tester and dev testing, our find rate is still way higher than our fix rate.

Manhs

Hello back there!
Been a while since i didn't check the forum and Chex Quest community...
I hope Chex Quest HD is going well! I'm still happy to see this project will be finished, do you know if it could be done in 2019 or maybe 2020? Just curious.
Good luck and thanks for the project  :)

Chukker

We have finally wrapped up a new trailer!

DestroyedEDGE

Glad to know the project is still being worked on!

elmernite

Yes! So awesome! So happy to see you recreate that stunning intro so well!
I'm so looking forward to this!

Rushnerd

Quote from: Chukker on February 24, 2019, 10:00:04 AM
We have finally wrapped up a new trailer!

Came back to the forums after years to say thank you for this. When I caught wind of an HD remake I immediately thought of the CQFF! I remember seeing those 3D screenshots a long time ago, but it looks like things are coming to fruition! Can't wait to see more, I will be playing this one day one.

Awesomedude249

Quote from: Rushnerd on February 26, 2019, 02:25:40 AM
Came back to the forums
Woah, he's back!

Also wanted to say the new trailer looks neat, I can't wait to play this
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

ChelonianEgghead

Hi, Rushnerd, I think I've heard of you. Looking forward to hanging out on Discord and zorching you!
Remind me — Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

DestroyedEDGE

xbolt