Chex Quest HD!

Started by Chukker, April 18, 2016, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

Just finished it as well. The game was are real blast to play. I really enjoyed every moment of it. I loved all the extra details added. Gonna need to work to find all the secrets, as what goes along with them are pretty funny. I'd go in depth, but no spoilers.

Thank you so much for making this! Looking forward to getting my hands on those extra codes.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

matthias720

Oh man, the 90's cheese in this game was so much fun! The quippy things Fred says are so funny, like something straight out of a cartoon. I love it!

Now to find all the secrets...

:whale
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

xbolt

IT'S HAPPENING
Downloading it right now on my slow internet.

EDIT: Ok, I just finished my first run. Great fun! Fred's quips and everything on the monitors were hilarious. And yes Atari, they do sound a lot like my style. XD

The Green Avenger

So yeah, tonight I discovered that this is a thing that exists!
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Manhs

We talked about the problems of the game (bugs/flaws/suggestions) in this topic on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/804270/discussions/0/3443510323251610600/

Is Chukker team allowed to update the game to fix stuff or add more things? (like customize control)?

I finished it and it was really nice, the feeling of the run mode was a bit weird and the switching weapon too, except that, it was a big pleasure to play a game like that (mazed) with nice 3D stuff!

Good job, i hope to see more!

sinkillerj

Quote from: Manhs on May 19, 2020, 11:46:29 AM
Is Chukker team allowed to update the game to fix stuff or add more things? (like customize control)?

Quote from: Chukker on May 18, 2020, 01:32:49 PM
Flight School Studio is actually the company that completed development and will address bugs that come up. If you have bugs to report, email them to:

chexquestofficial@gmail.com

mryellow362

Btw would anyone here be interest in updating the Chex Quest wiki anytime soon

chexman107

Hey everybody,

I have been thinking about something that can spice up the gameplay of Chex Quest HD in its new and improved version. I am thinking maybe each one of the six characters can be armed with a special zorcher unique to themselves. They can find a special box that contains the special zorcher and the character can open it to obtain it and the ammo (if applicable) inside. These are my ideas:

Fred Chexter: Golden Zorcher - This zorcher can fire a supercharged, yellow-gold colored zorch that is 100x more powerful than a Mini Zorcher shot. Much like the Golden Gun from the 007 series (N64 Goldeneye 007 comes to mind), it can dispatch most enemies in one hit. You will have to reload each shot as opposed to the Large Zorcher, which, in Chex Quest HD, shoots five shots before reloading. Max ammo: 50 (100 w/ZorchPak).

Wheatney Chexworth: Stun Zorcher - Unlike other zorchers, this zorcher does not send anyone back to their own dimension. Instead, it temporarily stuns them. The lower the health of the target, the longer the stun will last. Max ammo: 100 (200 w/ZorchPak).

P.R.E.T.Z.L.: Zorch Gloves - Exactly as described in http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=37, only that it will be just the right size for P.R.E.T.Z.L.'s hands.

NACL96: Zorch Laser - This zorcher fires a laser that can eat into an enemy's health before zorching them away. Think of this as a long-ranged version of the Super Bootspork. The zorch ammo is measured by percentage (or simply by number) in which can recharge overtime. However, if the zorch energy was drained to 0% (or 0), the zorcher overheats and cannot be used again until it charges to at least 25% (25).

Dr. O Ryen: Zorch Plasma - Also a charge-based zorcher, though it can go from 0% (0) to 100% (100). At 100% (100), this zorcher will need to cool down before using it again. You have two options: You can tap the fire button to shoot one or multiple time(s) (the charge % can go up a set number, like 10, for simplicity's sake) or hold the fire button to charge the zorch plasma from 0% to 100% before firing a single, very powerful blast. Similar to the weapon, Samurai, from 007: Nightfire.

Shane "The Dread" McBread: Magnum Zorcher - Being the old-school cowboy that he is, The Dread's most suitable weapon will be the Magnum Zorcher. What this zorcher does is that it can zorch an enemy and then the zorch will connect to another enemy behind the first enemy and so on until it reaches an obstacle, such as a wall. It also wields 2x the power of a Mini Zorcher shot. This is based off of the Cougar Magnum from Goldeneye 007. Max ammo: 100 (200 w/ ZorchPak).

And another food-for-thought idea for all the characters: The Mid Zorcher. It shoots zorch faster than the Mini Zorcher, but slower than the Rapid Zorcher. It shoots like the SMG from Wolfenstein 3D.

Also, I think it would be fun if Chex Quest HD could be played on the Nintendo Switch as well as on the PC. If there ever is an update of CQHD called Chex Quest HD Plus, perhaps the zorcher weapons and other snazzy features will be added to the game. Thanks for reading.

mryellow362

Those are some cool idea, I always felt that This HD remake is missing a lot of thing that could make it truly great.

chexman107

Admittedly, I haven't played the HD version yet. Anyway, I also think it would also be amusing if there were bathrooms in the Storage Facility level (like the Chemical Facility level in Goldeneye 007) or some other levels such as City Streets (the level before the Sewage System). In there, you could find items 8) and/or flemoids.  :lolwut

Anyway, if anyone could find time for improvement on the making of Chex Quest HD (Plus), that would be great too! Thanks for reading.

Boingo the Clown

Sadly, I might not be able to play the HD version for a while.
My new (ish) computer is down right now and I think the HD version requires Windows 10.  (Correct me if I am wrong.)

Replica

The minimum requirements according to Steam are:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i or AMD Ryzen with 4 physical cores
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 960 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 3 GB available space

I don't know if they did extensive testing, or if this is just what Unreal Engine claims. It might be worth trying if your computer is windows vista/7/8.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Dacicus

CQHD runs on Windows 8.  It's quite slow, but I assume that's because of my laptop's specs rather than the OS.

mryellow362

You know if they are ever planning for a sequel, they could allow the players to play as all of the squadron at once; like utilizing a swap in swap out system; which allows the player to switch different squadron members in and out for different situations

chexman107

I think the developers of Chex Quest HD should create an update called Chex Quest HD (Plus) to add the features such as new unique zorchers suggested by me and perhaps the rotation system as mentioned by mryellow362. This game would be even cooler with the new features. Hopefully, Chukker and others will take that into consideration!

Plus, if the makers of this game could possibly strike a deal with Nintendo to add this game to Nintendo Switch, that will be even better!