TUCQ 3D Model Pack

Started by Super Chex, June 11, 2016, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody still interested in a 3D models pack for TUCQ?

Yes!
11 (100%)
No.
0 (0%)
Not sure...
0 (0%)
I like trains.
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Super Chex

Heya, everybody! After years wandering the internet I have finally returned, and am interested in rebooting my old 3D model pack for TUCQ. I'll do it if enough of you are interested.

Why not just update/release the pack I already made?

Sadly, the hosting service I had the pack stored on wiped my account, as well as several others after coming back from a massive server attack, so all my old files are gone. I would have re-uploaded them, but my hard drive died before I had a chance.

So I'm now FINALLY ready to jump back in and redo all my old models. My skills have improved a LOT from the old days, and I'm hoping to show you all what I can do.

~Super Chex
:D :p

Awesomedude249

I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

noob1234

Super Chex

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on June 11, 2016, 12:39:53 PM
:whale

Quote from: noob1234 on June 11, 2016, 12:53:04 PM
Do it!

On it!
I think I'll start the same way I did before: lamps, props, pickups and such. In that order. Then flemoids and first person zorchers.

Don't forget to vote, so I can keep tally of public opinion.  ;)

TrueDude

Perhaps you can team up with Datra on this? They have some pretty sweet models as is.

Super Chex

Quote from: TrueDude on June 11, 2016, 07:45:58 PM
Perhaps you can team up with Datra on this? They have some pretty sweet models as is.

Anyplace where I can see some examples of Datra's work?
I'd be honored to have a teammate.

TrueDude

Quote from: Super Chex on June 12, 2016, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: TrueDude on June 11, 2016, 07:45:58 PM

Anyplace where I can see some examples of Datra's work?
I'd be honored to have a teammate.

A lot of the links are down but this topic is where they posted most of their stuff at. Expect broken links galore though.

Datra

omg that is ancient stuff. Probably just as well those links remain broken. :P
The most recent thing that I made has to be from here and is a far better representative of what I can do now.
Unfortunately, due to my own HD problems, that model is lost forever and will have to be remade from scratch. :(

School has kept me from doing anything 3D since. But summer just started for me so I have a lot more time to do 3D
and I would love to do some Chex Quest stuff! :whale
CQHD Community Dev

Super Chex

Quote from: Datra on June 12, 2016, 09:16:32 PM
omg that is ancient stuff. Probably just as well those links remain broken. :P
The most recent thing that I made has to be from here and is a far better representative of what I can do now.
Unfortunately, due to my own HD problems, that model is lost forever and will have to be remade from scratch. :(

School has kept me from doing anything 3D since. But summer just started for me so I have a lot more time to do 3D
and I would love to do some Chex Quest stuff! :whale

I'd love to have you on board! Welcome!

This would definitely be cool, feel free to ask if you need help doing the MODELDEF code for GzDoom/Zandronum.

I can also provide you with MD3 export scripts for Blender if you need them.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Super Chex

Quote from: 75 on June 13, 2016, 06:41:03 PM
This would definitely be cool, feel free to ask if you need help doing the MODELDEF code for GzDoom/Zandronum.

I can also provide you with MD3 export scripts for Blender if you need them.

I still remember how MODELDEF works. Thanks for the offer, though!

My preferred workflow is Blender->MisfitModel3D->SLADE.