Vilecore for T.U.C.Q. Interm Release 1 Uploaded.

Started by Boingo the Clown, June 23, 2016, 12:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

The title says it all ... mostly.

Converting the levels from Vilecore to work with T.U.C.Q. is a very long and slow process, especially since it is something one only works on as a hobby.
Rather than forcing you to wait the absurd amount of time it will take to finish converting Vilecore, I decided to release the six currently completed levels for you to play with, three completed by me, three completed by TrueDude.

http://www.doomlegends.com/chexquest/VC4TUCQinterm1.zip

T.U.C.Q. R6 running under GZDooM is required.

Vilecore for T.U.C.Q. is obviously a work in progress.  The flemoids are unfinished. The Dervish, for example, currently uses the commonus sprites scaled up slightly, and the other DooM 2 monster replacements reuse existing sprites as well.  An old concept sketch of the flem balloon serves as a temporary sprite as well.
The levels have simply been retextured to work with T.U.C.Q.. No extra detailing has been added.

Give these levels a try, and give me your opinion and any suggestions on how to improve them you can think of.

Drwalrustein

Since I have played Vilecore before I liked to say this a very accurate conversion. The Texturing could use some work because some of the CQ textures don't look nice. Anyways I am pretty optimistic about this project so good luck.

Boingo the Clown

Any suggestion on where the levels can be improved?

Awesomedude249

I tried running it under TUCQ Release 6 with GZDooM, but it didn't work so I can't play it. :-\
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

R6 as the IWAD, and VC4TUCQinterm1 as a pwad.

Are you using a launcher?

Awesomedude249

Quote from: Boingo the Clown on June 24, 2016, 07:55:39 PM
R6 as the IWAD, and VC4TUCQinterm1 as a pwad.

Are you using a launcher?
Nope, and Cheesy Doom won't recognize R6 as an IWAD. :-\
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

Cheesy DooM?

T.U.C.Q. is for GZDooM.

http://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download

You can get the ZDL launcher at http://www.doomlegends.com/chexquest/zdl31a.zip

If you want to know how to get it working with ZDL, just ask, and I will let you know.   :)

Drwalrustein

Yeah I had problems launching it until I used ZDL launcher.

Boingo the Clown

Awesomedude249

Cheesy sounds like GZ, thus Cheesy Doom = GZDooM

Boingo the Clown

Oh.

I'm not American.  I don't pronounce "Z" as "zee".

I pronounce "Z" as "zed" like the majority of the english speaking world, and "Cheesy DooM" sounds nothing like "Gee-Zed-DooM".

Sorry about that.

Drwalrustein

darkstone

Quote from: Boingo the Clown on June 25, 2016, 04:30:08 PM
Oh.

I'm not American.  I don't pronounce "Z" as "zee".

I pronounce "Z" as "zed" like the majority of the english speaking world, and "Cheesy DooM" sounds nothing like "Gee-Zed-DooM".

Sorry about that.
I use Zee.
I haven't gotten through most of the levels but I thought quadrumpus court was a little confusing. Otherwise, great.

Nomekop

"You need a red key to open this door!"

You mean the red key that only shows up on the secondary, "modern" hud?

EDIT: I'm a derp, I dragged both and loaded chex.wad as the IWAD using the other two as PWADs, which I ended up doing it correctly after making a batch file, where it worked fine.