Author Topic: Talk Me Out Of Buying A Mac  (Read 3624 times)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Talk Me Out Of Buying A Mac
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 10:03:33 PM »
I had that bloatware problem with my Toshiba laptop's stock installation of Windows 7, I ended up reformatting and reinstalling the OS, and it ran a lot better after that. On Windows 7 you can reinstall Windows without losing your license (as long as you don't change the motherboard), I think Windows 10 is the same way.

You can download an (official) iso from Microsoft for free (even if Dell didn't give you a disk). I think you can put that on a flash drive if you don't have an optical drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/

Note that if you decide to reinstall you'll have to find all of your own drivers, it's not all that hard though, if you google the hardware IDs that show up in Device Manager, the drivers usually come up.

Just make sure you have a spare computer handy to search for drivers, because your wifi card will probably need a driver.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Re: Talk Me Out Of Buying A Mac
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 10:03:33 PM »

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting