Author Topic: A new fan because classic fps rocks!  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
A new fan because classic fps rocks!
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »
Hello ! Im Emmanuel, im 32, from France, my english is not that good but i do my best!

I have seen the project of Chex Quest HD and im really happy to see this kind of stuff who come back.

I know Chex Quest in a mod called Samsara heroes in doom and with the samsara monstermixer, i liked to fight the green monsters because they are really funny and cool ^^ (except when duke nukem shoot them, they explode oO lol)

Since 2015, i host retro fps in LAN with my laptops, i add keyboards, mouse and others things.
Exemple, with the Mang'Azur 2016, i hosted BLOOD, Hexen, Shadow Warrior ect..
https://youtu.be/X4QWv_9yPcE

I have finished Chex Quest 1 & 2 in a full run/nightmare (but yeah, it's not really hard even in nightmare) and i liked a lot the style, even if it's basically a game for a cereal box, i like how the imagination was everywhere, 90's was wonderful for that! I have finished CQ3 too but need more! T_T

I have found the "Chex Quest Pack" who add a new episode, new enemies, mods and weapons, it seems really solid and coherent, i like this one. I think I will use this mod for the festivals with deathmatch, but i use 3 pc per game (2 games) so for 3 people, i will use the duel maps.

Still very cool to play new fps like this one, and very nice to see There was a community for this game !

I hope Chex Quest HD will add more maps than the original games ! Because with HD, it could be really good  :)

My favorite fps are Blood, Exhumed, Heretic... i like when there is "deep atmosphere" stuff but i like other atmosphere like funny stuff like in SW or Chex Quest!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:17:22 AM by Manhs »

Chex Quest Fan Forums

A new fan because classic fps rocks!
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:12:34 AM »

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 30
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: A new fan because classic fps rocks!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 04:28:10 AM »
Hi, Emmanuel! I'm awesomedude249, I've been here for about 2 years and recently became a moderator. To the right you will see the endangered Nerd Whale, which jocks harpoon for its meat. Refreshments will be served shortly, and the bathroom is down the hall to the left. Here are some rules/things you should know:
1. Do not feed Loremaster after midnight.
2. Don't go into the west wing, as the purple lampposts will eat your soul.
3. Always have Ginger Ale on your person, as in the event that you stumble upon the west wing, Ginger Ale is a perfect counter to the purple lampposts.
Check out the myriad of fan projects, play some forum games, and as always, enjoy your stay.
;D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline darkstone

• Modding... modding... pulling hair out... modding...
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 07:18:58 AM »
Welcome to the Chex Quest Fan Forums, Emmanuel!
You're from France? Je parle un peu franÁais.
Heh heh, if you see me making any mistakes in French, please point them out either in PM or on the forums! :P
Enjoy your stay!

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 01:28:03 AM »
Hey, welcome to the forums! Always nice to see new people here.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
Welcome! :whale
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 64
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:59:21 AM »
Welcome Manhs!

I would like to take this moment to point out that there are many wonderful mods here are for DooM and Chex Quest. 

I will start by telling about my own mod projects, of course.  ;)

The Ultimate Chex Quest (T.U.C.Q.) is an updated version of Chex Quest and Chex Quest 2 with additional detailing added to the levels, and a more detailed story in the works.

The current version of T.U.C.Q., Release 6, is also capable of running by itself in GZooM, an advanced DooM source port.

DeiMWolf is recreation of of the classic FPS, Wolfenstein 3D, in GZDooM (formerly for the defunct DooM Legacy port). The layouts of the levels and the game play is the same as the original Wolfenstein 3D, but the graphics and sounds have been changed, in order to take advantage of the updated capabilities of the GZDooM source port.

Like T.U.C.Q., the most recent version of DeiMWolf is capable of running by itself in GZDooM.

These two projects are very old, but are still active.  I work on them as a hobby, and so updates to them are occasional, few and far between.  They are worth your time checking out however.

Hopefully, other members of this forum will be kind enough to point out their own projects, and those of former members who are no longer active.

Let the list of Chex Quest goodness begin!

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 12:39:16 AM »
Thank you very much people !
Thanks for the links Boingo the Clown  :D

Is there some Chex Quest mods/fan expansion who are finished?
I have checked the pwads page of the wikia but it seems, everything is still in the work except Chex Quest Pack! Can you tell me what expansions are finished (v1.0 or more)?

Im impressed by the OST too, melody rules! It's so good and reminds me a lot the music style of the 90's dos game, love it!  :whale

I wanted some expansions for CQ 1,2,3 who could be vanilla (no things added).  :)

Can't wait the next festival to show the Chex Quest Pack !
(also, i like the sounds of the enemies in Chex Quest, it's adorable in a way because it's really funny ! XDDDD "Roooowwrl brlrblrblrbl boua!"

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting