Author Topic: Chex Pack is now also Hosted on [TSPG] PainKiller  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Chex Pack is now also Hosted on [TSPG] PainKiller
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:20:21 AM »
I have added:
[TSPG] Painkiller: Chex Quest Pack - Ep4 Coop
45.79.134.90:10737

No survival, to let people enjoy the game to see how is the maps who are finished, i have used a CFG file for it. (you will return at map01 after map07)

[TSPG] Painkiller: Chex Quest Pack - DM with duel maps
45.79.134.90:10803

Deathmatch for max 4 players with the duel maps, there is the zorchmatch server yet, but if there is a few people who want play deathmatch without to be on big maps, there is this server, with duel maps, it should be playable (i have used the sv_unblockallies command) :)

Need more people in Chex Quest Online!  ToT  :whale

Enjoy !

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Chex Pack is now also Hosted on [TSPG] PainKiller
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:20:21 AM »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
    • IFOCSERV
Re: Chex Pack is now also Hosted on [TSPG] PainKiller
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
[TSPG] Painkiller: Chex Quest Pack - DM with duel maps
45.79.134.90:10803

I think the idea is interesting, the maps we played seemed to do well!

Notes:

- Flags: I recommend setting the following flags:

sv_norespawninvul true
compat_instantrespawn true

- Fraglimit: I recommend at least 20 for 3 players, 30 or 40 is not out of the question for 4 players, some of the maps are really very small and extremely fast paced

- Map specific notes:

DUEL09 "Major Fault" is LAZ / BFG heavy, some players might really like this, some players might not like it at all, make sure you have a high fraglimit for this.
DUEL12 "Mountain Bungalo" has some tight areas, zorch grenade spam might make this a little messy
DUEL13 "Mysterious Lab" is large and might be too slow for DM, maybe not though?
DUEL14 "Naval Bunker" is just a bizarre layout for any game mode and I'm not sure what I was thinking
DUEL33 "Zorch!" is literally just an octagon with super large zorchers

- Duel Scripts

If everyone spectates as of P16-4, even if the game mode is Deathmatch Chex Pack will take you back to the hub, I can patch this and release a new version of Chex Pack real quick (P16-4.1) that fixes this.

The duel hub might be cool with 3 players, though (e.g., for your stand), if any 2 players vote for the map, that's where you are all going to go. The only problem is griefers could all pick different maps and you'd never leave the hub.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »
Thanks for the infos !
Do you think, i should remove some maps of the maplist ? Is it possible to use directly a command with the rcon?
Is it better if i put 3 players max for the actual server? I can wait for the fix.
It was awesome to play it, so fun and fast paced yeah, but some maps are really short for more than 2 players, indeed  :)

EDIT: Ah thanks for th edit, i will try to host it often even if TSPG reboot sometimes!
Is 15 players limit good for coop in the single player maps ? Is there some commands to add?    :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:47:41 AM by Manhs »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 03:04:50 PM »
The patch to make DM work without bugs on all of the maps is pretty simple, all I have to do is put in a check the "duel" cvar.

I think while I'm doing this, though, I'd like to make some balancing changes to the maps that I've wanted to do for a while:

- A lot of the maps have way, way too much rocket ammo
- A lot of the maps have tinyzorcher spawns, the tinyzorcher is completely useless for DM / duel, I'd like to put in a script that makes it so that you start with something more useful
- DUEL14 "Naval Base" is my least favorite map in the pack and I'd like to try to make it better plus fix some possible griefing areas, if you like the way this map plays, please let me know and I'll keep my edits minimal... to be honest I'm not sure the map was a good idea at all.
- Some issues came up in testing with DUEL17 "TNCQ Classic Duel" that I want to address

Let me know what you guys think, if there's something else that I missed please let me know.

EDIT: Also, @Manhs, this might take a while, do you want me to release a quick patch with just the fixes to prevent switching to the duel hub?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:10:41 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 03:36:05 AM »
If it can take a while, yes, you can!
It was really fun to play it last day ^_^ The skins are awesome !

Is there some maps You would want see removed from the list for 4 players?
3 could be not enough (like duel), and 5 is too much right?  :)

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 10:04:21 AM »
Is there some maps You would want see removed from the list for 4 players?

I'm still not sure about a lot of them, to be honest I was surprised that the duel maps played as good as they did in DM, we'd need to do more testing:

DUEL01 "Water treatment plant": Anything above 4 will probably just be a mess
DUEL02 "Sandy's Pizza Parlor": Anything above 4 will probably just be a mess
DUEL03 "D.O.S. Days": It was okay with 4, I would hazard a guess that it could support 6 but I'm really not sure
DUEL04 "Bazoik research base": Could possibly support 6
DUEL05 "Impact Crater": Anything above 4 will probably just be a mess
DUEL06 "Mountain Villa": Anything above 4 will probably just be a mess
DUEL07 "Bazoik Cavern": Could possibly support 6
DUEL08 "Flow Control": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL09 "Major Fault": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL10 "Sweltering Spiral": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL11 "Consilium": Didn't test this yet but my guess is, this might be able to support 6
DUEL12 "Mountain Bungalo": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL13 "Mysterious Lab": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL14 "Naval Bunker": This one isn't even good with 2 IMO
DUEL15 "The Chef's Secret Base": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL16 "Vexation": Not sure (didn't test this one yet in DM)
DUEL17 "TNCQ Classic Duel": I don't recommend playing this with more than 2 players
DUEL33 "Zorch!": Considering that even FNF ran BFG shoot (and everybody thought it was hilarious), this might work but the match would last 5 seconds and would be very, very silly
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:08:34 AM by 75 »

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 03:16:20 PM »
I can keep 4 and open a second server in case ^^
Or one for the maps for 4
and one with a list of maps for 6 players! ^^

I will wait the fix, for now, i can keep the server :)

Offline Manhs

• Commonus
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:18:35 PM »
Bump just to say,
75, don't worry for the duel thing, i will host zorchmatch with the normal dm maps on doomseeker with tspg ! It will be better ^^ (with duel maps, it could be too complicate and too much fast paced... : x
I have hosted the normal dm maps in the videogames festival and it was really playable even with 3 players ! (i can still add 1 or 2 bots for it anyway)

Server  :whale :
 [TSPG] Painkiller: Chex Quest Pack mod - Deathmatch
45.58.113.226:10753

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 07:30:03 PM »
Hi Mahns, sounds like the festival went well, good.

I didn't forget about the Duel / DM conversion thing... I've been really busy lately though. Sorry about that.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting