Author Topic: Better late than never...?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Tifosi 92

• Eternal student of science and life.
  • Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
  • Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
Better late than never...?
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »
So a few of you have already seen the megawad I've posted, but for posterity's sake I feel I owe eveyone an introduction and a bit of background.

I go by Tifosi 92 on some corners on the internet. I am currently in my senior year of a double major in biology and chemistry (I love Organic Chem like mad, actually, to the point where E4M3 on my mod actually features a mockup of my Organic Chem lab) and come from a family of gamers who also enjoyed Chex cereal. The trajectory of this story is probably pretty obvious at this point, lol.

The full story behind my creation of the megawad I've posted is in the attached readme file, but the short version is that I've always had an unexplainable soft spot for this little game, and that, combined with the fact that I was too lazy to just go out and actually buy Doom, is the reason that wad exists today. And boy, am I glad it does. I like mapping for Doom, but I love mapping for Chex--there's just something very innocent and 90's about it (possibly in the Portlandia sense) that makes it so endearing.

Chex Quest: Galactic Conflict is, sadly, likely the only mod I'll ever make. It started out as a guilty hobby of mine, and I never really had any plans to share it until I realized this year was Chex Quest's 20th anniversary. I'm not the best at modding in general, so a lot of it is an intensely time-consuming process for me, and quite honestly I don't foresee myself ever having enough free time to work on anything of this nature again, outside the odd one-off multiplayer map or something like that during winter break before spring semester and grad school. I'm really thankful that you all have accepted my 'out-of-nowhere' appearance here and am glad to see my mod being received so positively, because it very nearly never left my laptop at all.

Thank you all so very much for your patience and your warm welcome. I hope to be able to stick around here for a while even though my involvement in playing or contributing to any future projects will likely be non-existent because of the enormous amount of time I need to devote to my studies and my lifelong passion for racing. Have fun, and thank you so much for reading!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:24:16 AM by Tifosi 92 »
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have... it's very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Better late than never...?
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 30
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: Better late than never...?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 01:15:23 AM »
Since I'm lazy, I'll copypasta my usual introduction to new members :D
Hi, Tifosi! I'm awesomedude249, your lazy friendly neighborhood mod. To the right you will see the endangered Nerd Whale, which jocks harpoon for its meat. Refreshments will be served shortly, and the bathroom is down the hall to the left. Here are some rules/things you should know:
1. Do not feed Loremaster after midnight.
2. Don't go into the west wing, as the purple lampposts will eat your soul.
3. Always have Ginger Ale on your person, in the event that you stumble upon the west wing, Ginger Ale is a perfect counter to the purple lampposts.
Check out the myriad of fan projects, play some forum games, and as always, enjoy your stay.
In all seriousness though, your mod is amazing. I haven't had much time to play it, but it looks pretty good so far. I hope you become comfy here, because we don't have many active members today :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:17:34 AM by Awesomedude249 »
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline annochkakissa

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Better late than never
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 06:11:43 PM »
Hi Dozy ITS NEVER TOO LATE Because a lot of us are still floating around, occasionally doing things. Welcome and its good to have you here The more LE fam, the better.

I cant wait to see what youre working on

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting