Author Topic: Chex Quest: Doomsday (Rerelease!)  (Read 6921 times)

Offline mob720

• still alive
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Chex Quest: Doomsday (Rerelease!)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
Cool video, but you shouldn't post in topics that are more than 2 months old. ;)

It's no problem, I'm always wanting more feedback :) not much goes on in this sub so topics will inevitably be resurrected.

Manhs, thanks for making a video, I'm about to check it out now!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »

Offline ChexMaster2109

• Self-Proclaimed ACS Grandmaster
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 29
  • If life gives you lemons, give its lemons back!
    • Chex Quest: Reflections
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2017, 06:36:43 PM »
Cool video, but you shouldn't post in topics that are more than 2 months old. ;)

You probably didn't know this, but the necro rule has often been suspended in mod sub-forums and related topics. Although this is kind of eh. Still, probably doesn't make sense to make a new topic for it either.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:39:11 PM by ChexMaster2109 »
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!

Give God your life; You won't regret it!

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »

You probably didn't know this, but the necro rule has often been suspended in mod sub-forums and related topics. Although this is kind of eh. Still, probably doesn't make sense to make a new topic for it either.
I did, but I thought it was only suspended in CQ Discussion and Forum Games.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline TrueDude

• Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
You should upload this to /idgames, a lot of people on these forums neglect to do so and their mods end up disappearing once the link breaks. Plus it'll help it get around more too.

Offline mob720

• still alive
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2017, 10:01:00 PM »
You should upload this to /idgames, a lot of people on these forums neglect to do so and their mods end up disappearing once the link breaks. Plus it'll help it get around more too.

I actually plan on sharing this with the Doom community whenever I get around to doing some edits, and that means possible uploading there. Basically I'm using some texture resources I probably shouldn't be using, so I'll need to replace those somehow. Hopefully that'll happen around the end of May, when school lets up.

So right now it's exclusive to you guys ;D

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2017, 10:18:49 PM »
True, I can't download The Final Fight because of this.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 121
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2017, 12:09:10 AM »
Wait, is that an actual rule?

EDIT: I am dumb and didn't see that there was another page. Sorry

And yeah, it's unfortunate that so many mods here have broken links and such...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:23:49 AM by noob1234 »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2017, 08:09:27 PM »

I did, but I thought it was only suspended in CQ Discussion and Forum Games.

IIRC fan projects and early development were exempt at one point but I can't seem to find the post(s) that said so, so I might just be remembering it wrong.

Also one thing I wanted to mention for a while, I gave people a hard time for bumping fan projects, but personally I'm not sure if an official, hard line "no bumping" rule is necessary.

In my opinion handling this sort of thing should be done on a case by case basis and usually just reminding posters to be careful should be enough most of the time. I think it's actually a really good idea to try to support people who are struggling to play a mod years after it was forgotten (things change even though the mod doesn't, ports update, OSes change, etc). Also feel free to PM me if you find something with dead links, I can host, and I might have a backup...

EDIT: Sorry, I don't have Final Fight
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:56:59 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline mob720

• still alive
  • Ultimus
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 06:28:53 AM »
Good news, everyone! I have decided to release a small update for this project! Since version 1, I have created a large number of textures meant to replace ones used from other mods. These include light textures and computer textures. I'm not completely done with the overhaul, but I decided it's been long enough. I also updated the maps with some changes that have been suggested, such as various art-related improvements and monster trap adjustments. For the full changelog, please visit the first post of this thread. Since screenshots are always fun, here are a couple taken to showcase improvements made to these respective areas.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

DOWNLOAD v1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m790kwmjb5aqapv/cqdd1.1.zip

I hope you enjoy the changes made, and as always I'm open to feedback!

Moderators: apologies if this is considered necroing, since this thread is old. If there is a better way to do this, please let me know!

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »
Not necroing. Since it's your mod and your topic, it's fine if you post updates and such.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting