The names of the music tracks in Chex Quest

Started by TrueDude, January 26, 2017, 12:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueDude

I was browsing the Doom Wiki when I stumbled on this article. It shows that every track that Strife did for the game actually had a name, but with Andrew Benson, he didn't name any of them. It'd be kind of a pain, but I wonder if we could get a hold of Andrew Benson, and see if he cared enough to make names for these? Obviously only he could since he wrote them.

drooben

Hey TrueDude,

I didn't name the original tracks other than their level (e.g., E1M1_Landing). It's pretty basic but it was an easy way for us to keep track of which music went with which level. For me, those names have really become *the names* of the songs.

Take care,

Andrew

P.S. Haven't posted here for a long time. Sorry it took so long to see your question. ChexQuest has been on my mind lately as I'm working on updating the music for Chukker's HD remake. It's looking great!

Awesomedude249

Quote from: drooben on March 13, 2017, 06:51:52 PM
Hey TrueDude,

I didn't name the original tracks other than their level (e.g., E1M1_Landing). It's pretty basic but it was an easy way for us to keep track of which music went with which level. For me, those names have really become *the names* of the songs.

Take care,

Andrew

P.S. Haven't posted here for a long time. Sorry it took so long to see your question. ChexQuest has been on my mind lately as I'm working on updating the music for Chukker's HD remake. It's looking great!
Ooo, it's Andrew Benson!
Interesting. So they're basically "LANDING", "STORAGE", "LABORATORY", etc?
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

drooben

Quote from: Awesomedude249 on March 13, 2017, 07:43:04 PM
Quote from: drooben on March 13, 2017, 06:51:52 PM
Hey TrueDude,

Take care,

Andrew

Ooo, it's Andrew Benson!
Interesting. So they're basically "LANDING", "STORAGE", "LABORATORY", etc?

Exactly, Awesomedude249.

Manhs

Hello Mr. ! Thank you for this awesome OST ! My fav are City Streets (e2m4) and Sewer System (e2m5) but they are all good and fun to listen ! ^^
(they have put some names on youtube x)

Awesomedude249

My favorite is probably Storage Facility because of the drums. ;D
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Boingo the Clown

That is one thing I miss from music in levels other than CQ1. The gratuitous use of bongos and cowbell.

I need more cowbell!

Awesomedude249

noob1234

Ooooh, you're doing the Chex Quest HD music? Awesome!