Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 13
SNES Classic
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
I missed out on the NES Classic bandwagon.  I'm not kicking myself too hard for that, though.  Most people who put in a full effort to get one didn't even get one.  After looking at the list of included games, I'm totally pumped about the SNES Classic.  I'm hoping to get my hands on one.  Is anybody else optimistic about this?

Chex Quest Fan Forums

SNES Classic
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:37:54 PM »
First time I'm hearing about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! It looks pretty boss! I still have an old SNES but, IDK if I can pass up a $80 mini SNES with a bunch of games.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 29
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:26 PM »
First time I'm hearing about this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! It looks pretty boss! I still have an old SNES but, IDK if I can pass up a $80 mini SNES with a bunch of games.
Not just a bunch of already released games, also the unreleased Starfox II which is the main reason I'm getting one.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline WindowsVistaLover5570

• hi all been a while
  • Cycloptis
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
  • Just call me Mupen.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:05:52 PM »
Does it include SMW?

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »
I think it's interesting but I won't be buying it, I'd probably prefer to just buy a used console on amazon and collect the cartridges.

While the games list is a good start, for me personally there are a lot of my favorites missing from here (e.g., Mega Man X2/3, Plok, DKC2/3, Aladdin, Earthworm Jim 1/2, the Super Star Wars series, TMNT Turtles in Time, Zombies ate my Neighbors, X-Men, etc..).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:27:57 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Offline Boingo the Clown

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 63
  • Losing my grip on reality since 1973.
    • DooM Legends
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
I have a strong urge to play Intellivision.

Too bad I packed it away.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »
I guess I missed preordering it.  :(

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »

I missed as well, and I was actually trying!  This was a terrible debacle on Nintendo's part.  They're just not learning from their mistakes from when they released the NES classic.  Pre-orders were literally sold out instantly.  I was ordering through Target, and I was able to add it to my card and get to the payment screen.  It sold out while I was entering my credit card number.

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »

I missed as well, and I was actually trying!  This was a terrible debacle on Nintendo's part.  They're just not learning from their mistakes from when they released the NES classic.  Pre-orders were literally sold out instantly.  I was ordering through Target, and I was able to add it to my card and get to the payment screen.  It sold out while I was entering my credit card number.
I didn't even know about preorders, so I'm just waiting until someone releases a rom dump of Star Fox II, or if I come across one in a store by chance.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 12:17:28 PM »

I didn't even know about preorders, so I'm just waiting until someone releases a rom dump of Star Fox II, or if I come across one in a store by chance.

That's another thing.  It was promised that it would be clear when pre-orders would start, but they pretty much opened them randomly in the middle of the night.

Offline Replica

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
Nintendo has had a stock problem for quite a while now. The wii, the switch, NES/SNES Classics. I guess they just don't have enough manufactures, or maybe they're afraid of producing too much and losing money.

Offline Awesomedude249

• Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »
Nintendo has had a stock problem for quite a while now. The wii, the switch, NES/SNES Classics. I guess they just don't have enough manufactures, or maybe they're afraid of producing too much and losing money.
But you think they'd learn from their mistakes with the NES Classic and make more SNESs.

Offline Richie

• Administrator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 10:29:30 PM »
I think they do it on purpose.  There's no other explanation.  It's like throwing gas on the fire - and the only party it benefits is Nintendo.

Offline matthias720

• Mr. Whaleware
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 43
  • -Receive: 32
  • Up! Up! And ...
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »
Except it doesn't really benefit them when people buy 30 SNES Classics and then sell them on eBay for 3x the price. Nintendo is only undercutting themselves. :P
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting