Author Topic: The New Chex Quest  (Read 114 times)

Offline ChelonianEgghead

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
The New Chex Quest
« on: December 24, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Download: https://www.moddb.com/games/chex-quest/addons/the-new-chex-quest

Mirror: https://archive.org/details/stephenvk_zoho_Cqev

From the Chex Quest wiki:

The New Chex Quest is a project by Manny Cav designed to make what a full Chex Quest IWAD might have looked like when Chex Quest was first released in 1996, with all Doom content replaced, including levels, maps, music, and sprites. As such, it is made to be compatible with the original Ultimate Doom engine. While the WAD can work with the original Ultimate Doom engine, the ZDoom source port is recommended due to a BEX patch used to change the text in the game. The WAD is not based on chex.wad, but on a hidden WAD on the Chex Quest CD, DOOM.WAD. As such, there are subtle differences between the first five levels of chex.wad and The New Chex Quest, mostly in E1M4, where there are now three supercharge Breakfasts instead of the normal one.

I thought I should post this here, because it is mentioned on the Chex Quest Wiki, but until now you could only find it on obscure websites in the Wayback Machine. So here you go, and happy zorching!

Chex Quest Fan Forums

The New Chex Quest
« on: December 24, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
Re: The New Chex Quest
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
Hi there, welcome to the forums!

It doesn't look like this is really The New Chex Quest, the readme file seems to indicate that it's "Chex Quest Extended Version 2.0" by Loremaster.

Code: [Select]

================================================================
Title                   : Chex Quest Extended Version 2.0
Author                 : "Loremaster"
Email Address           : loremaster@comcast.net
Misc. Author Info       : Tired, Cranky, Nutz, and....... uh.. whatever else

Description             : New CQ Levels, original CQ Graphics and sounds

Additional Credits to   : Boingo the Clown for creating TUCQ, which is what got me into this; Ralston, Walters Molitor for CQ in the first place; Froghawk, for finding the hidden WAD on the CQ CD that I used to build these levels.
================================================================

* Play Information *

Episode and Level #     : E1M1-E1M5 are original levels. E1M6 and E1M7 are in BETA form. E1M8 is a placeholder.
Single Player           : Yes
Cooperative 2-4 Player  : Yes, on E1M1-E1M4
Deathmatch 2-4 Player   : Yes, E1M1-E1M4(E1M2 is best though)
Difficulty Settings     : Yea, on E1M6 to E1M7
New Sounds              : None of my creation. Only from the original CQ
New Graphics            : Same as above
Demos Replaced          : Yea, but none of my own.

* Construction *

Base                    : A hidden WAD on the CQ CD (Credits to froghawk, he clued me in on that one)
Build Time              : A Month now...
Editor(s) used          : Wad Author
Known Bugs              : Eh, some textures don't blend that well. Lighting needs to be fixed too. Nodes don't work on Open GL mode yet.

* Copyright / Permissions *

You may redestribute this WAD so long as it has this text file with it. You may use it to build aditional levels or graphics, but tell me. I'll wanna play them!

* Additional Description *

Most charicters were replaced when this wad was first made.

You -----------------------> Chexwarrior
        Rifle Soldiers ------------> Flemoidius Commonus
        Shotgun Soldiers ----------> Flemoidius Bipedicus
        Imps ----------------------> Armored Flemoidius Bipedicus
        Demons --------------------> Flemoidius Cycloptidius
        Baron of Hell --------------------> Flembrane

Still, I haven't played this before or heard of it, so thanks for uploading it! I'll check it out.

Where did you find this?

Also Chex Quest Discussion might be a better place to put this, generally this subforum is only for TUCQ related stuff (Boingo's mod)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:37:18 AM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Want a place to talk about Chex Pack, or Chex Quest in general? Join #IFOC: irc://irc.zandronum.net/IFOC

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting