Demystifying Manny Cav's and Slimeinator's Mods

Started by ChelonianEgghead, February 06, 2019, 12:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChelonianEgghead

So, there seems to have been some confusion lately concerning The New Chex Quest series by Manny Cav and Slimeinator's Generation 2 mods. So here's what I've found. First of all, I'd like to point out that while there is a mod on Loremaster's site called "The New Chex Quest: Extended", that mod has no relation to any of the mods we're talking about here.

So, The New Chex Quest, according to the wiki, was a project by Manny Cav that combined Chex Quest 1, 2, and 3 (stolen) into a single IWAD, and expanded E1 to a full eight-level episode.

The New Chex Quest 2 was an attempt by Manny Cav to convert the Doom II maps to Chex Quest, but it was abandoned due to copyright concerns.

Final Chex was going to be a conversion of Final Doom's maps into Chex Quest by Manny Cav, but was abandoned probably for the same reason.

Chex Quest: Generation 2 was a project by Slimeinator to create Chex Quest equivalents to Doom II's monsters, with new maps featuring them as well. It's latest version is Release 9, but the newest one that's still available is version 8.5. 75 is looking for release 9, and I'll update this thread when he finds it.

And lastly, The New Chex Quest: Generation 2 is The New Chex Quest 2, but with Chex Quest: Generation 2's monsters. It was made by Slimeinator, and is currently in its sixth beta release.

Not sure if anyone else was confused, but if you were, I hope this helped!  :whale
Remind me — Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

Replica

If I recall right, when Manny left Slimeinator took over development for on the New Chex Quest mods. I could be wrong though, it's been quite a while.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChelonianEgghead

Oh, hi Replica! Nice to meet you. I played Journey of Legends over the weekend, and it was great! I guess you could say that Slimeinator took over The New Chex Quest 2 in the sense that he created the spiritual successor in The New Chex Quest: Generation 2, but he has not really updated the original TNCQG2 per se, or any other of Manny Cav's mods for that matter. In fact, none of Manny Cav's mods are available to download anymore.
Remind me — Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.