Questions

Started by LAZ Trooper, July 05, 2008, 09:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

How do you save your game?

Do you know you've got a hom in E2M1's hangar?
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Manny Cav

You can save your game through one of two different ways:

• You can press "Esc", select "SINGLE PLAYER", then "SAVE GAME".
  • You can press "F6" to automatically bring up the save menu. From then on out, pressing it will automatically save your game without asking any questions.

There is no HOM in E2M1 that I could find. You have likely set up TUCQ incorrectly in Doom Legacy. Select "Setup.." in the Doom Legacy Launcher and make sure that the "Render mode" is "OpenGL". Click "Game Mode..." and make sure that the "Select game WAD file" is "doomu.wad" (either the Ultimate Doom IWAD, or the Chex Quest IWAD renamed as doomu.wad). Click "Single map...", check "Additional files" and add "CQUESTP2B3" to that field, then click "OK".
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

LAZ Trooper

I did press save, but nothing came up.

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

...???
Did you get the right stuff?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on July 05, 2008, 10:55:14 PM
I did press save, but nothing came up.
Huh. Could you post a screenshot or two of trying to save?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

LAZ Trooper

Okay, I got save to work, but I was like "huh?" when there wasn't a flembrane in the caverns ???
Also, why does it skip by the E1M6 and the others that haven't been replaced?
And, it died in the sewers when I jumped in to grab my breakfast ???

Current Projects:

Atariangamer

the flembrane is based off the doom monster, the baron of hell. This bruiser could walk around, quite unlike our CQ counterpart. The edits in the sourcecode kept him from moving, but it doesn't work in Legacy. Instead he took some dehacked and made some zorchable pilars to keep the hostages hostage. He plans to finish the levels off to make a huge IWAD of CQ...but right now in his current situation, we'll be lucky if he finishes Phase II under gzdoom.
no, all maps 6-9 haven't been replaced, but they are skipped, acting more like the original game.

IDKy you died when trying to grab the cereal...hmm...

LAZ Trooper

Oh, I see. At least I didn't have slimeballs coming from there too :D
Means I saved my LAZ ammo for nothin' >:( ;)

If this is finished, I hope the gyro and tenacious cyclops are in it. Was the super cyclops planned to be in it?

Current Projects:

Atariangamer

eh, no. It came after this last version was released.

Hopefully, all DooM monsters get replaced...if he does stick with GZDooM, he should be able to do it easier...

Batmanifestdestiny

I dream of a day when the next beta comes out.

P.S:I was playing with doombuilder and found the gyro, it was really funny in the level.  It doesn't have blades, and it takes forever to kill XD

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Replica

If you think a caco is hard, you should battle  boss. "Barons" Are harder o kill. AKA Flembrane.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Batmanifestdestiny

Normally those sort of things aren't hard to kill, but I think that Boingo upped the hit points to scare away nosers.
it took like 3 LAZ hits.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

To get maximum damage from your laz (bfg)...
Get as close as possible to his face.
fire your shot...
get right in his face as soon as the shot bursts.

this will ensure that most if not all the 40 lines of damage from the gun hits the enemy...

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: The Atariangamer of 1993 on July 07, 2008, 12:17:57 AMHopefully, all DooM monsters get replaced...if he does stick with GZDooM, he should be able to do it easier...
Now that'd be cool. And hard (both making and playing) :o

Current Projects:

Atariangamer

Well, actually...hm.

We need to get some good DECORATE makers to create the ultimate...
GZDOOM CHEX QUEST RESOURCE WAD.
This will have enemies, zorchers, decorations, and a splashpack/environment fx!
Completly compatible with TUCQ P2B3, contains all known flemoids to date, plus conversions for popular weapons into zorchers!
DIrectly compatible with the latest TUCQ, this will be ULTIMATE.

Now, we just need 10 DECORATE-ers, a few people to grab said resources, and tons of insight form boino as to whats what...wow.