Author Topic: Chex Quest on Kindle Fire (1st gen)  (Read 408 times)

Offline ChelonianEgghead

• Flemoid Minister of Space Conquest
  • Bipedicus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • SPAAACCCCCE Core 1, Portal 2
Chex Quest on Kindle Fire (1st gen)
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »
I have a 1st gen Kindle Fire, but am having trouble finding a good source port that supports Android 2.3.4 and doesn't just crash on startup. Any thoughts?
Remind me Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

Chex Quest Fan Forums

Chex Quest on Kindle Fire (1st gen)
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:14:37 PM »

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 31
  • I'm not really sure.
Re: Chex Quest on Kindle Fire (1st gen)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »
The only mobile device I had a couple years ago was a 1st gen kindle fire, and this time was also when I was very active on the forums and with CQ in general, so I attempted this exact thing a couple times and could never get it to work, because I don't think there are any good working doom sourceports for the kindle fire (especially not on the built-in OS's app store.) Either way, you could probably just get a cheap android tablet that can run one of the many modern doom sourceports for android and use that instead.
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline ChelonianEgghead

• Bipedicus
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »
My brother has the Android SDK on his PC, so over my next break I could try and compile GZDoom for the Kindle and post the APK if it works. I don't really want to install it on mine because it's rather old.
Remind me Avengers Infinite Warfare was about the Justice League teaming up with the Galaxy Quest crew to stop that Thanos guy from Fortnite from collecting the 7 chaos emeralds and activating the Ark, right? Really is the boldest crossover in film history.

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 31
  • I'm not really sure.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »
IDK if it'll work on a 1st gen kindle fire, but GZDooM for android does exist:
https://github.com/nvllsvm/GZDoom-Android/releases
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline ChelonianEgghead

• Bipedicus
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »
Perhaps ZDoom would be better. I guess I'll find out this Easter.

Offline QuestionMan

• Commonus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 09:34:03 AM »
I have a 1st gen Kindle Fire, https://www.zetaclearcenter.com/ but am having trouble finding a good source port that supports Android 2.3.4 and doesn't just crash on startup. Any thoughts?

Hello ChelonianEgghead. You'll need to compile GZDoom for the Kindle. Search it on GitHub. Hope this works, because i have somewhere in my home a first gen Kindle that i would like to use again.

Offline ChelonianEgghead

• Bipedicus
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 01:46:06 AM »
Welcome to the forums! That's actually what I was thinking of, I'll report back when I can get some results.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting