There's a new chexquest.com website and history video on YouTube!

Started by Chukker, May 23, 2019, 02:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chukker

Hi everyone! Big news today for Chex Quest fans! Ever since the HD trailer went out, GM has seen a big uptick in the amount of traffic to their various social channels regarding this series. Some weeks ago they informed me that they were interested in doing a PR push for Chex Quest, including an official re-release of Chex Quest 3. While most fans have considered CQ3 to canonical, it was never acknowledged by General Mills as anything more than another fan game until today. They have created a new (very 90s and very minimalist) chexquest.com and have linked the game there. There is also a new piece of box art made for the occasion that can be downloaded. Finally they interviewed Dean Hyers, Andrew Benson and myself and made a history of the project video. There are some points in there even I didn't know or mis-remembered. It is here:

xbolt

That's a bomb poster! Great to see GM showing some love to our ol' game here.

Manhs

Amazing, it's really cool for the game!
Nice support ^w^

Do you know if they could support the project of Chex Quest HD, like, paper in a cereals box with the link of the game or a toy, something like that xD
Very cool news!  :D

Chex Quest HD pwa!

Atariangamer

Replica let me know about this, came here to say say thanks!

I was here to see CQ3 go from some new sprites and the subway screenshot on the old board, to the amazing expansion it was. I'm also just pleased to see it get officially recognized, so that more people can get the chance to experience it. I have to say thank you for putting all the effort in to coordinate not only this, but the new CQHD you and your crew have been working on. That mini-doc was great, and kinda made me realize how much went into the marketing success that was this game.

What a pleasant surprise, and I look forward to seeing what comes in the future.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.