Offline Pikazec2012

• Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • If i could marry any girl, it would be Lilly Satou
BLAH
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »
what did you do. First of all the expansion pack doesnt work but i still opened the wad in wxe and did you do anything. all you did is recolor flemoids. the maximus spirite is WAY over used except with different colors. also didnt you say someone else mad the decorate patch?? so if all you did was recolor the flemoids then i could have done that in about 10 minutes. i did notice that you had made some new levels couldnt you have just made that in your other project. I am not impressed with your attempt at trying to rip off manny. EPIC FAILURE >:(
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Chex Quest Fan Forums

BLAH
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 55
  • Keelah se'lai
Re: BLAH
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 12:28:53 AM »
...Hold on there, buddy...

What is goin on!?

Did you fully play the wad? Get the IWAD from the RELEASE #3 topic and the RELEASE #4 expansion pack. Use the .BAT to run it right.

Also, its not really finished! He's only got about 10 levels done...And he converted to doom 2 for the unfolding of the story...not just to rip manny off...

(there's no money in this anyway, so technically...nvrmind)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:46:23 AM »
He didn't rip me off. The expansion pack works if you set it up right, as The Atariangamer of 1993 pointed out. Just put "TNCQG2.wad", "TNCQG2IWAD.wad", "TNCQG2.bat", and "TNCQG2 Expansion Pack.bat" into your GZDoom folder. Run "TNCQG2 Expansion Pack.bat", and you're running TNCQG2!
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »
Great. I get my cable fixed and I come back to this sh** in my subforum.

I coded the DECORATE patch, after four of the boss enemies.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »
Easy, dude.

I really think "rip off" is harsh, and not true.
Kinda the same as some peoples levels that are standalone, but after 3 levels, they haven't finished them, and TUCQ Phase2beta3 comes up. ??? You don't get angry at them, do you?

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »
Watch it. Censored or not, rude comments like this directed towards certain members is not allowable. I know Pikazec2012 doused your mod, but he didn't come off as very rude. I think he was just offering his honest feedback. Regardless, when you're a mod maker, an author, etc., you have to take the criticism that comes your way, no matter how rough it is. Half the time, they're just trying to be honest and help you.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Pikazec2012

• Maximus
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • If i could marry any girl, it would be Lilly Satou
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
Watch it. Censored or not, rude comments like this directed towards certain members is not allowable. I know Pikazec2012 doused your mod, but he didn't come off as very rude. I think he was just offering his honest feedback. Regardless, when you're a mod maker, an author, etc., you have to take the criticism that comes your way, no matter how rough it is. Half the time, they're just trying to be honest and help you.
I was not trying to be mean just as a help. i know i could have left out the last paragraph but here is what i was ttrying to say. perhaps you should try to make flemoids that are diffrent not just an alterd color. once is fine but when you have 5 difrent colored maximus then it just seems repetative. i did however fix why it wouldnt work (i missed the third expansion back) i didnt know if you made the decorate patchs or not i was just asking cause i noticed you said  thnx to someone for decorate patchs in you read me. so basicly what im trying to say is that you should make your own diffrent spirites not just re coloring others
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

Offline brain candy

• Blue Blaze Irregular
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
    • same old innocence
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
Looks like Manny has got this covered, but just a reminder... everyone, please watch your tone. There are nicer ways to work through these things.

Offline Replica

• What do I have to do to get Arch-Vile to like me?
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 17
    • Chex Quest Replica!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
I was not trying to be mean just as a help. i know i could have left out the last paragraph but here is what i was ttrying to say. perhaps you should try to make flemoids that are diffrent not just an alterd color. once is fine but when you have 5 difrent colored maximus then it just seems repetative. i did however fix why it wouldnt work (i missed the third expansion back) i didnt know if you made the decorate patchs or not i was just asking cause i noticed you said  thnx to someone for decorate patchs in you read me. so basicly what im trying to say is that you should make your own diffrent spirites not just re coloring others

Spriting is a long process. Personaly, I had a little talent in that area... And my sprites suck. I cannot make the NW and SW sprites as well. So I just use the first S and N for the SW and NW. So slime would most likely have alot of trouble doing so. The easyest way to make a flemoid is recolor or edit one of the old ones.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Offline The Slimeinator

• Resurrected from the Interdeads
  • Local Moderator
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • I am the one who goes bump in the night.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »

I am sorry. I wasn't having the best of days. Several people whom I held dear died.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
not the best thing...

Offline Batmanifestdestiny

• oddball
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • Yeah, that's right.
    • CQ Hideout
BLAH
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
wow....

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Offline Manny Cav

• Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:08:04 PM »
Let's not sad up this topic. The Slimeinator, you're more than welcome to create a new topic about this (or post in CHWYAB or something like that) if you think that will be alright or help, but for now, let's keep Fan Projects a happy place, eh?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Offline Atariangamer

• Dormant User
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • Keelah se'lai
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 11:13:32 PM »
Not saddening! I share some compassion, that doesn't maketh me sad!

...Alrite, i c ur point...

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »
Could we lock this topic?  I don't think anything in this topic will get any better with age.  There have been about 4 unhappy posts in a one page topic, and I don't find this a nice environment to work or play in.

Slimeinator: I'm sorry for you.  Please calm down (if you haven't already, I mean).

Pikazec: A creator should always take a little criticism, but I think it was just that your tone in that post was a bit harsh, and was interpreted by some to be really angry.  Maybe just PMing Slime about improvements would be an easier way to go.

That better?  Good, now let's have some warm milk and cookies.

Manny, if you would be so kind...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting