Referring people to the forum

Started by Batmanifestdestiny, July 08, 2008, 12:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanifestdestiny

This is a topic where you mention when (or if) you've ever directed someone to the CQFF.

here's my story:
My friend Ethan Basset was back in town from california for a bit to help his sister find a place to stay for college, and so I invited him over along with one of my other friends to swim in my pool.  Well after a while of swimming and sunburnt faces, I felt like randomly, but offhandedly, mentioning Chex Quest, so I said "Did you know that in 1997 there was a computer game for free with boxes of chex?" to which I was suprised to hear Ethan reply with "Yeah, Chex Quest! I love that game, but my CD broke." so I then mentioned downloading it, but he couldn't, because the only one that he found had blood in it (it was one of his house rules), so then I was like "Well, lemme show you one that I have!" So all three of us went inside and gathered 'round the computer, and I booted up TUCQ.  and ethan was like "Woah, this one doesn't have blood in it!" so then I told him of CQ2 and loaded up episode 2, and he was like "Wow, I've never played the second one!" So then I gave him directions to the CQFF.  The End.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

ChexCommander

Let me help you with that The End sign.

THE END
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Kuwabara

Wait, so is XXX ethan?  I thought it was Tyler..

Replica

I directed Sliminator. I found his webpage and told him to come. :)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

One of my RL freinds is a fan or DooM moding and a fan of Chex Quest.
I thought of convincing him to come here.

Atariangamer

Do it! we would enjoy the company.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

xbolt

Didn't I direct Atarian here from the Wiki? Or am I remembering wrong...

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: Kuwabara on July 08, 2008, 08:45:58 PM
Wait, so is XXX ethan?  I thought it was Tyler..
Do you really think that Ethan would be even close to having a name with XxX in it?

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Kuwabara

Hmm.. good point.  I have been mentioning these forums quite a bit with a friend of mine.  I don't think he will join, but still.

Pikazec2012

Manny brought me here. I downloaded his chex projects through the wiki which i got through google. i couldnt get something to work so i emailed him and he told me about the forums then
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

brain candy

Wayc begged me to join. He always went on these nostalgia trips and would find the corresponding fan community. I think he'd been here for some time before he asked me if I had ever played Chex Quest and then sent me this way...

I have since referred my boyfriend and his brother who both played Chex Quest, but they proved to be too silly to play well with our forum rules, so they don't post anymore.

Atariangamer

lol, xbolt refered me...and richie got me a email and a forum account. So, i was helped in by 2...

Kuwabara

I got in via Boingo.  I made a topic in his forums asking about conveyor (butchered, sorry) belt texture changes (in E1M2) and he had said something to the effect of "Your gonna get a lot more traffic if you post in the Chex Quest Fan Forums."  And so, I joined, broken english and all, and I have been here ever since.

Thanks Boingo.

Atariangamer

broken english? O_o IDK where you got that...but i'd have to check your records first...*shifty eyes back to the old board*

ChexCommander

I got in here by myself.  I had seen a few mods, especially TUCQ (like everyone else) and had been on the wiki and such.  I had seen the CQFF pop up many times in various CQ websites, so I decided to give it a try.  So I helped myself in.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods