Author Topic: Chex Quest Lounge ST  (Read 121251 times)

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 70
  • -Receive: 19
  • Stay classy, cats...stay classy
Re: Chex Quest Lounge ST
« Reply #810 on: August 10, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »
Yeah, LAZ, just download CQ Arena Beta 4 and 75's Skulltag Pack, and you're all set. ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Chex Quest Fan Forums

« Reply #810 on: August 10, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Multiplayer Team Leader
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 26
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #811 on: August 10, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
either one, not both. If you used cqarena with my wad it might glitch up

you don't need to do that though, because my skulltag pack has cqarena's features in it already

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

using chex3.wad as the IWAD

I like this picture ^^

I can't wait until I can get to spriting some new weapons too. After I get done with the act 1 boss...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:27:33 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #812 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
Aight, in that case just download 75's Skulltag Pack. ;)

Offline LAZ Trooper

• Must... keep... mapping... o_o
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 22
  • Standing at the ready when Flemoids attack.
« Reply #813 on: August 10, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
I'm confused... the lounge uses slime's iwad, but to use the skulltag pack I need to use 75's iwad/chex3... what if I want the stuff in 75's pwad in the lounge?

Has anyone come up with anything for a BFG10K replacement? (eg. LAZ Device 10K)

yeah, the liquid zorcher.
The liquid zorcher is nothing at all like the BFG10K... the liquid zorcher is a powerful superweapon for use only by the elite that shoots zorch is almost every direction and comes in three pieces some assembly required, while the BFG10K is just a rapid-fire BFG9000 that's shots go really fast and have splash damage.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #814 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:01 PM »
The liquid zorcher in my mod is a BFG10k with different sprites. It's pretty much exactly what manny cav used in cqarena, except with a different obituary and set to be used in chex quest 3.

I'm going to have all of the skulltag weapons in as a sound/sprite swap, since I like their mechanics. I'm going to have some new ones too, though.

as for using my wad and CQLounge together, it doesn't work... sorry :(

I tried it out just to see what happens if you combine Chex3.wad, NewSkullP10.wad, and CQLoungev36

if you look out the window in the room where you start, you see this. It's kind of pretty  XD

Here's the men's bathroom
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 11:55:44 PM by 75 »
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #815 on: August 11, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
So wait, what about using your WAD, 75, combined with Slime's doom2.wad?

And LAZ, we're just using the liquid zorcher sprites.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #816 on: August 11, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »

Nope, since my wad inherits and replaces chex3 exclusive actors. It won't get past startup.

If you wanted the CQLounge maps in my wad, we'd just have to go through the map and replace the nonsense Doom 2 textures with their chex3 equivalents.

It probably wouldn't take too long, if I get some extra time, and people really want the lounge, I might do it. Although, if somebody else could do it that would be great too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:44:35 PM by 75 »

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #817 on: August 11, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

Nope, since my wad inherits and replaces chex3 exclusive actors. It won't get past startup.

If you wanted the CQLounge maps in my wad, we'd just have to go through the map and replace the nonsense Doom 2 textures with their chex3 equivalents.

It probably wouldn't take too long, if I get some extra time, and people really want the lounge, I might do it. Although, if somebody else could do it that would be great too.

Then what's the point? Besides co-op, we've used Doom2 for everything, unless we're starting from scratch here?  My idea to make CQ Skulltag-compatible was also to allow us to run other PWADs like Domination or CTF with a CQ flavor. It's not really just about the lounge, it's about compatibility.

Of course, I appreciate your efforts on all this, and keep it up, but it seems like we're veering off the path a little in terms of optimization with Skulltag.

Offline 75

• [IFOC] Server Admin
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
    • IFOCSERV
« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2010, 01:35:18 PM »
Sorry about that, got too heated... my fault entirely.

Then what's the point?

My mod adds multiplayer functionality to chex3. My maps will be completely chex3 compatible. No doom sounds, no messed up textures, but using the skulltag game modes

Besides co-op, we've used Doom2 for everything, unless we're starting from scratch here?  

We used TNCQ 2 to play doom 2 mods. These mods were never meant to be played in chex quest, though. All we did was replace some sprites and sounds, although it was obviously doom under the hood

My idea to make CQ Skulltag-compatible was also to allow us to run other PWADs like Domination or CTF with a CQ flavor. It's not really just about the lounge, it's about compatibility.

there is no way to truly make doom mods compatible with chex quest. Every mod has a few custom sprites and/or a few custom textures that are obviously doom.

If you don't mind that / want to play like that, be my guest, TNCQ will still be around.

However, if you're worried about missing some game modes, feel free to make some. I'd love to have a domination map in my wad. I might try to make one myself.

but it seems like we're veering off the path a little in terms of optimization with Skulltag.

Not true. Chex quest is working with skulltag, as a separate game. The chex quest actors, weapons, and textures are reckognized as part of a different game, rather than being forced into doom 2 textures, sprites, actors, and sounds.

This is only veering off of compatibility with Doom 2. Remember, there are many different games that skulltag works with (hexen, heretic, action doom, etc.).

The stock skulltag maps (D2DMXX, etc.) won't work anymore, but they were never meant to work with chex quest in the first place. It makes no more sense than having a deathmatch in hell in heretic.

It's just what we're used to for right now, once we have a few good maps in this wad, I'm sure that won't be a problem.

And if it is, it's not like you can't just fire up skulltag with TNCQ, if you really wanted to.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:24:16 PM by 75 »

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #819 on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:01 PM »
but it seems like we're veering off the path a little in terms of optimization with Skulltag.

quite the opposite. The only thing we're veering off of is compatibility with Doom 2. Skulltag has never worked better with chex quest, and for once, chex quest works like its own game in multplayer, rather than something copying off of doom 2.

Hm, true. I agree with that; CQ should be its own game. If we can get enough maps and WADs going around, I'd be happy to just use this instead. Thanks for the insight. :)

Offline Lucius

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Member since July 2005
« Reply #820 on: August 12, 2010, 02:13:32 AM »
75's got this WELL together. Something I've been waiting to see happen for a LONG time. Once this gets a little more under way, I think this may very well become like a new Ultimate Chex Quest. So in a way we are starting over but it will all be very good in the long run. Good job in combining features from other WADs too. That's what we need, is one central port of CQ on an advanced engine (Skulltag).

Offline ChexCommander

• #1 Bro President
  • Local Moderator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
« Reply #821 on: August 12, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
Now...what will we call it? ;)

Offline Lucius

• Quadrumpus
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • Member since July 2005
« Reply #822 on: August 12, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
Well considering that CQ3 pretty much is TUCQ now, we just have to make it better and make everything completely polished in skulltag.

Offline noob1234

• Just your average noob
  • Chex Master
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 38
  • Pikaware! I choose you!
« Reply #823 on: August 17, 2010, 06:08:10 PM »
the mens room has those little blue and white checkers that means there's a texture missing... i think

Offline QuadrumpusGuy

• Quadrumpus
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
  • Croooow!
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #824 on: August 17, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
the mens room has those little blue and white checkers that means there's a texture missing... i think

Nope, there's a texture there.

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting