Author Topic: New Plans  (Read 404 times)

Offline Awesomedude249

• What am I supposed to put here?
  • Global Moderator
  • Flembrane
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 33
  • I'm not really sure.
New Plans
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:38:33 AM »
Hey everyone!

I realized that this mod was announced a long time ago, and I have barely any content to show for it.
This came to my attention when I was digging around about a year ago and found some old maps. I thought "Huh, I never really finished that mod, did I?"
Well, after reworking some of those maps and creating a few new ones, I am almost done with episode 1 of this mod. I realized my original plans were quite overambitious, so I am dialing back the amount of new content to keep the project alive and give myself a more reasonable workload.

While my original plan was to have a 36 map, 4 episode megawad with custom weapons and monsters, my new plan is a 3 episode wad with 5 maps per episode, and no custom monsters or weapons (however some new textures will be made to better suit the theme.)

The plot of ANQ was never thoroughly explained. Even though I talked about the details of episode 1 here and there, it was never fully laid out, so here's the premise.

18 years after the original Bazoik invasion, you are tasked once again with eradicating the flemoids from the depths of the planet. Despite you having sent them back, a portal to Bazoik has opened in the flemoid dimension and the number of flemoids on bazoik has once again returned to an extreme level. In this episode, you will send the flemoids back to their home dimension once and for all.

I do not want to spoil the other episodes just yet, but details will come soon. As far as release dates go...

Episode 1, version 1 will release on March 25, 2020. You may ask why, and this is because it will have been exactly 6(!) years since the announcement of the mod.

Episode 2 is planned to release sometime in summer 2020, but the exact has not been determined yet.

Episode 3 will release by the end of 2020, likely in December.

Special thanks to the admins for allowing my subforum to stay up, even after all these years of inactivity. Now all of these years of random progress with no direction have culminated into a fleshed out project, and I can't wait to show it to you guys.

Stay tuned!
I used to be the new guy that no one talks to, now I'm just the vaguely familiar guy that no one talks to

Offline xbolt

• The Man with the Beard
  • Administrator
  • Snot Lord
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 78
  • Honor the Fallen
    • The Page of Xbolt
Re: New Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
Cool to hear! Itíll be good to have more new CQ mods again.

And hopefully you donít end up going the way of Newmaps IV lol :facepalm

Web Hosting by InMotion Hosting