Chex Quest - Project Bazoik

Started by SSF156, January 18, 2021, 01:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSF156

Hello everyone!

Years ago, I announced I was working on a project dubbed "Return to Bazoik." I found that @LAZ Trooper had a project with the same name and I decided to drop the project. Added, I was unable to figure out how to make maps...No hard feelings!

Fast forward about ten years and here we are now. I've figured out how to work Doom Builder and some of Slade (Wintex and XWE are better) ;) To date, I have 1.25 maps completed. Yes, 1.25 maps for Episode I. This will have three episodes and possibly a bonus fourth episode like Thy Flesh Consumed.

This project is solely inspired by @xbolt !!! His Newmaps inspired me years back! So three years after my playthrough video of Episode I of Newmaps I'm back at it.

Although it borrows the WADs of Chex3 (legit) and Newmaps it will run off of GZDoom. I've chosen GZDoom due to it being more stable on Windows 7 and newer OSs.

I'm hoping to have Episode I released to the general public mid/late-February. That's in beta release mid/late-February.

So if you have any questions or suggestions for maps, drops them here!!! I'm in need of inspiration for maps.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Keep on Zorching.

Boingo the Clown

Good luck!  Let's see how this goes.

:)

SSF156

Thank you!

I'm going to incorporate maps from my earlier abandoned projects circa 2008-2010. So hopefully my maps will be challenging but also fun! May they resurrect the fighting spirit of Fred Chexster and inspire people to imagine!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Keep on Zorching.